Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Selenium RC with SmartClient user extensions

Has anyone been able to run selenium RC with SmartClient user extensions?

I'm not really sure if I'm doing the right steps.
    I launch the server with the extensions:
    Code:
    java -jar lib/selenium-server.jar -userExtensions lib/user-extensions.js
    but as soon as I try to execute an action using scLocator I get:
    from the log window. The error message is: _1.match("ID=\\\"(.*)\\\"") is null

You can find the full log here:
    http://pastebin.org/220255

Any tips related to the use of sc user extensions will be really useful

I use the RC with the same way. I managed to get some simple scripts to run. I used the IDE to create the script, transformed it to java and then followed the instruction in Selenium docs to integrate the script into JUnit classes. It might be some problem with your Selenium related code so I would suggest you post that here if we are to help you.

Comment

It's most likely the issue inside the locator

Hi,

Most likely it's the issue with the "scLocator".
      When I tried to use the locator "scLocator=//DynamicForm[ID='Form']/item[name=staticTextItem]/textbox" (the identifier is in the single quotes) I've got the same problem as you.

But when I upated the locator to be "scLocator=//DynamicForm[ID=\"Form\"]/item[name=staticTextItem]/textbox" (double quotes are used) - it worked fine.

Regards,
      Iurii

Comment

Hi
        This is correct: the widget ID part at the start of the locator string is expected to be enclosed in double rather than single quotes.

We'll be making sure either are supported in the future but for now use double quotes if you're creating or modifying locator strings directly in this way

Thanks
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

I have the same question

I can open the selenium RC sercvice,but I can't use the user-extensions.js. I think I have used the correct manner.Because I learn it form the ''selenium.org'' .
          How can I make the use-extensions work?
          Any tips related to the use of sc user extensions will be really useful

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
          Hi
          This is correct: the widget ID part at the start of the locator string is expected to be enclosed in double rather than single quotes.

We'll be making sure either are supported in the future but for now use double quotes if you're creating or modifying locator strings directly in this way

Thanks
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
          X