Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Hover in selenium

we cans set tooltip to the elements in smartclient, by hoving the mouse over the element the tooltip will be shown.
    I am using mouseOver with the locator got from selenium ide during the playback,but the tooltip is not shown
    Just wondering if this is selenium's issue or smartclient does not support hover in selenium.
    And i am using smart client 8.
    thanks

Use a mouseOver and mouseMove event to fully simulate the chain of events the browser actually fires.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, tooltips is displayed in playback.
      However, is there anyway to capture the tool tip?

Comment

What do you mean by "capture" the tooltip. Please be very specific.

Comment

Originally posted by kevincy
          Thanks for the suggestion, tooltips is displayed in playback.
          However, is there anyway to capture the tool tip?
          Have you tried "verifyTextPresent"?

Comment

"capture" the tooltip means verify the text in tooltip
            thanks
            Last edited by kevincy; 21 May 2010, 05:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
              Use a mouseOver and mouseMove event to fully simulate the chain of events the browser actually fires.
              When we used sc 7, this approach works, but after upgraded to sc8, tool tip is not shown.

Comment

tried the may 28 build, tool tip is not shown use mouseOver and mouseMove

Comment

any update?

Comment

We are likewise not seeing this problem in the latest build. Please show a standalone test case for where you are seeing the problem, and the series of Selenium commands you are trying.

Comment

We have just made a change which could impact this in some cases (hovers on ListGrid cells specifically).

We'd recommend you try the next nightly build and see if the issue is resolved.
                      If you do continue to see the problem, please post a standalone test case - for example a set of selenium commands based on one of the SDK feature explorer examples which should show a hover and is failing.

Comment

Hi, I'm trying to view the tooltip using mouseOver and mouseMove and it's not shown just near the locator, but in the left top corner of my browser. :(

Comment

In order to get the hover text, have a look at the element with class name "canvasHover".

Comment

Working...
                          X