Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

8.0 bug - arrow keys not working in Firefox

Hi,

I would like to report a bug in 8.0. In Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3 (Windows 7) when you open a Window and put a DynamicForm inside, you can't use arrow inside form's fields.

Simpliest test case:
    Code:
    var form = DynamicForm.create({items: [{name: "test", type: "text"}]});
    var w = Window.create({width: 400, height: 300, items: form});
    w.show();
    Write some text in "test" field, then press left arrow to move cursor - nothing happens

The same setup works as expected in Google Chrome 5.0.
    It also work in Mozilla when there is a ListGrid inside Window. You can use cursor to navigate between rows and inside a TextItem editor.

Best regards,
    Janusz

What is your exact version? 8.0 is not sufficient, there is no 8.0 release yet, only nightly pre-releases.

Also, have you verified this by trying your code inside helloworld.html/.jsp with absolutely no other code?

Comment

It was 8.0 from Smart GWT 2.2.
      It was tested in the simpliest setup possible - SmartClient + exactly the same script as I have pasted into my post.

Best regards,
      Janusz

Comment

I have the same problem in SmartGWT 2.2. Somene already reported this bug here http://code.google.com/p/smartgwt/issues/detail?id=468 and I have added some steps how to reproduce it in SmartGWT showcase

Comment

It was fixed in more recent builds of SmartClient.
          Go to http://www.smartclient.com/builds/lgpl/ , download latest library and then locate .js files in SmartGWT 2.2 and replace them with those from the nightly build.

Comment

Don't do that, just get the latest from smartclient.com/builds. Mixing SmartClient and SmartGWT builds is always wrong.

Comment

I have tried latest SmartGWT build and it works fine now. Thanks.

Comment

I'm using the official SmartGWT 2.2 release and this issue is still not fixed.

Code to reproduce:
                Code:
                DynamicForm form = new DynamicForm();
                form.setFields(new TextItem("item"));
                Window window = new Window();
                window.addItem(form);
                window.show();
                I can't use the arrow keys when inside the text item.

However, it does work if it's not inside a window:
                Code:
                DynamicForm form = new DynamicForm();
                form.setFields(new TextItem("item"));
                form.draw();
                You can also see the problem by going to Windows->Modality in the 2.2 Showcase.

I was able to reproduce this in Firefox 3.6 and Internet Explorer 7 and 8. It does work in Google Chrome for some reason.

Any chance to have this fixed in 2.2? Using a nightly build is not really an option for us.

Comment

I also need a working around for this. We use maven and will only run stable releases, but a small patch for this would be great.

Comment

After doing a little investigating and from a prior temporary fix from SC, you can edit your ISC_Forms.js at line 638, remove the if statements in the return so it only has:

if(this.$118[_1.keyName]&&_1.keyTarget!=this){return isc.EventHandler.STOP_BUBBLING}

put this in your GWT public/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js, so that when your build occurs the one delivered with SmartGWT is overwritten with your custom one. This fix corresponds to another prior temporary fix for SC in javascript.

Remove this file with smartgwt 2.3 comes out since the fix will likely be in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X