Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Combining several forms and Components into a single RPC call

I'm retrofitting an existing interface.
    Each page is one large form... which has several grid components and many form fields (sometimes as many as 40).

The entire form (including grid contents) is posted back to the server (.NET MVC2 unfortunately) in a single call when the user clicks "SAVE".

Annoyingly, it is imperative that this happens only when save is pressed, and I have not got much control over the serverside.

I've been trying to see how SmartClient supports this but the only way forward I can see at the moment is to "go around" SmartClient.

Here are the options as I see them now... are there any other approaches?

1) Have a different DataSource for each Form and each ListGrid on the page, submit them all one after another when the user clicks "SAVE". Can't do this, because of the number of sequential calls issued by the browser (it has to be responsive).

2) Use RPCManager.startQueue - I'm guessing the Java RPCManager class is a pig to program in .NET ? Even if I can get access to the controllers.

3) Use custom JS to custom build a object representation from all the varied DataSources, serialize this as JSON, and send it to the server using JQuery or the SmartClient RPC

Is there a better approach?
Working...
X