Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Can I disable the filter on a grid?

My situation is that I have two grids, the second depends on the first (master-detail).

When I don't select a record in the first grid, I want to disable the filter on the second grid. When I select a record in the first grid, the value of one of the filter fields (a SelectItem) in the second grid depends on a value of the selected record of the first grid.

Can I programmatically disable the filter (or at least for one field)? I've tried disabling the grid and this works, but it's not exactly what I want.

If by filter you mean the FilterEditor, you can dynamically turn it on and off with setShowFilterEditor(boolean).

Comment

Yes, I've tried that, but I gave issues with column headers incorrectly being displayed (the filter showed on top (or in front) of the header after re-showing it). Therefore, it tried not to hide, but instead disabling it (or at least one of its fields).

Comment

Well, we would need to see a reproducible case of a problem resulting from showing or hiding the filterEditor, otherwise, since that works in our tests, it would still be our recommended approach.

Comment

Working...
        X