Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

IE9 : Quirks Mode will be a problem

Hello,

The actual recommendation for declaring Doctype in html pages with SmartClient is to not declaring Doctype at all, which mean "quirks mode" for browsers

In IE9, this will be a problem since this will also disable SVG, Canvases, and all the new stuffs, as if we were using IE6 engine inside IE9... Furthermore, even IFRAME will inherit, whatever its declared doctype inside it, the quirks mode.

So my conclusion is that if we want to get the best of the web technologies in conjunction with smartclient in IE9, then SmartClient should definitively support HTML5 doctype (ie : <!doctype html>)

Greetings,
    Stéphane BARBARAY.

When will we see support for IE9's real mode?
    We're also having rounded corners which seem to be only enabled in IE9 mode, which is only enabled by specifying the doctype setting.

Comment

It's in now. Are you talking about rounded corners due to your own CSS or something in the skin? We don't currently use any rounding in skins that isn't supported by IE9.

Comment

Yes our own, but I was checking the Simplicity skin as well and I only saw webkit and mozilla specific CSS settings for rounded corners at first look. The rendering is different on FF4 vs IE9 (manually put in IE9 mode).
        In the showcase -> open a sample -> the borders of the 'Overview' window on the top right.

But are you saying that setting a DOCTYPE in the host .html file will now work?

Comment

Sorry, that's true, Simplicity is the one skin that uses CSS3 rounding (more to come).

Yes, you can use the HTML5 docType in your host .html. The usual caveats apply (asking for problems with browser upgrades in the future) but as Microsoft has taken the step of turning off features in other modes, this now a trickier decision.

Comment

Working...
          X