• Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Why is my LGPL installation expired?

Hello,
    I'm using SmartClient 7.0RC2 LGPL. Today I get the message box
    "This copy of Isomorphic SmartClient is expired. [..]"

But why? I think this version is free.

I'm using only the folder SmartClient_70rc2_LGPL\smartclientRuntime\isomorphic in my project and I have reformated some js code. I don't know if this is important for my problem.

Thanks.

Only commercial evaluations expire. You may have previously downloaded a commercial evaluation and mixed up the files.

Comment

For me the same problem, we have:

SmartClient 7.0RC2 LGPL

In the ISC_core.js is:

Version SC_SNAPSHOT-2010-07-28/EVAL Development Only (2010-07-28)

and in this file I found:

Code:

isc.B._maxIndex=isc.C+168;isc.EventHandler.captureEvents();
      if("2010.09.26_02.31.53"!=""&&!"2010.09.26_02.31.53".startsWith("${")&&!window.isc_expirationOff&&new Date()>Date.parseStandardDate("2010.09.26_02.31.53"))
      {window.$nf=function(){var _1="http://www.isomorphic.com";var _2="This copy of Isomorphic SmartClient is expired.  See ";if(isc.Window){_2+="<a href=\""+_1+"\">"+_1+"</a>"}else{_2+=_1}
      _2+=" for a renewal.";
      if(isc.Window){isc.Timer.setTimeout("isc.say('"+_2+"')",200)}else{isc.Timer.setTimeout("alert('"+_2+"')",200)}};
      isc.Page.setEvent("load","$nf()")}
      In the previous RC2 (Version 7.0rc2/LGPL Development Only (2009-05-30)) was not this piece of code. Why?

Comment

Again, you appear to have mixed up files. If you disagree, point to an LGPL SDK that you can download from SmartClient.com, and the exact path within the SDK to the file that appears to contain expiration warnings.

Comment

I do not mixed files, this is last night build of SC7 RC2, which I download. It looks like, that in this LGPL night build is for some strange reason this expiration control.

Is possible to acces SC 7 night builds? Now I only see SC 8 night builds.

Comment

Once again, indicate the exact package you downloaded and exact path to the file within the package. Anything more vague than this is going to be ignored as a false report.

Comment

Tell me how to access SC 7 night builds and I will tell you...

Comment

I and koalabruder(in the initial post) have the same issue with LGPL package, in the same day we have expiration message. It looks like in the LGPL night build from 2010-07-28 is expiration control.

Comment

I have done two things:
                  1. I have formatted some JS-Files with Netbeans-IDE (Alt+Shift+F).
                  2. I have deleted everything from smartclient except the folder "SmartClient_70rc2_LGPL\smartclientRuntime\isomorph"

By the way I think I have installed the release candidate and not the nightly build.

Comment

Working...
                  X