Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Clicking listgrid row/col from Selenium test

I am using version SmartClient_SC_SNAPSHOT-2010-11-03_LGPL nightly build.

I am using this because version 7 SmartClient doesn't support Selenium.

For my testing I am obtaining sclocator information using FF 3.6.12 + Selenium IDE 1.0.7

When I click on a cell in my listGrid the sclocator information that Selenium gives is as follows (I have added line breaks for clarity)

Code:
    scLocator=
    /autoID[Class=PLSApplication||index=9||length=21||classIndex=0||classLength=1]
    /member[Class=PLSApplicationTabs||index=1||length=3||classIndex=0||classLength=1]/paneContainer
    /member[Class=PLSApplicationPane||index=0||length=2||classIndex=0||classLength=2]
    /member[Class=HLayout||index=1||length=2||classIndex=1||classLength=2]
    /member[Class=PLSContent||index=1||length=2||classIndex=0||classLength=1]
    /member[Class=DVTemplateLandingPage||index=4||length=5||classIndex=0||classLength=1]
    /child[Class=DVTemplateList||index=0||length=2||classIndex=0||classLength=1||roleIndex=0||roleLength=1||title=Templates||scRole=dialog]
    /item[0][Class="VLayout"]
    /member[Class=ListGrid||index=1||length=2||classIndex=0||classLength=1||roleIndex=0||roleLength=1||scRole=list]
    /body
    /row[id=9999||name=PageOptionsTest||1]
    /col[fieldName=name||1]
    This should click on row 1 and column 1.

When I re-run the recorded click on this sclocator I get the following error from the Selenium IDE

Code:
    [error] locator not found: ...*locator removed for clarity*..., error = TypeError: elem is null
    ...and looking at the last entries in the SmartClient developer console seem to indicate that only the listgrid has been found (not the table row/col elements):

Code:
    INFO:AutoTest:Locator string:autoID[Class=PLSApplication||index=9||length=21||classIndex=0||classLength=1] - returning widget with matching ClassName / index by ClassName:[PLSApplication ID:isc_PLSApplication_0]
    INFO:AutoTest:Locator string:member[Class=PLSApplicationTabs||index=1||length=3||classIndex=0||classLength=1] - returning widget with matching ClassName / index by ClassName:[PLSApplicationTabs ID:isc_PLSApplicationTabs_0]
    INFO:AutoTest:Locator string:member[Class=PLSApplicationPane||index=0||length=2||classIndex=0||classLength=2] - returning widget with matching ClassName / index by ClassName:[PLSApplicationPane ID:isc_PLSApplicationPane_0]
    INFO:AutoTest:Locator string:member[Class=HLayout||index=1||length=2||classIndex=1||classLength=2] - returning widget with matching ClassName / index by ClassName:[HLayout ID:isc_HLayout_1]
    INFO:AutoTest:Locator string:member[Class=PLSContent||index=1||length=2||classIndex=0||classLength=1] - returning widget with matching ClassName / index by ClassName:[PLSContent ID:isc_PLSContent_0]
    INFO:AutoTest:Locator string:member[Class=DVTemplateLandingPage||index=4||length=5||classIndex=0||classLength=1] - returning widget with matching ClassName / index by ClassName:[DVTemplateLandingPage ID:isc_DVTemplateLandingPage_0]
    DEBUG:AutoTest:Locator string:child[Class=DVTemplateList||index=0||length=2||classIndex=0||classLength=1||roleIndex=0||roleLength=1||title=Templates||scRole=dialog] - returning widget with matching title and ClassName:[DVTemplateList ID:isc_DVTemplateList_0]
    WARN:AutoTest:Locator string:item[0][Class="VLayout"] matching by index gave [VLayout ID:isc_VLayout_0]. Reliability cannot be guaranteed for matching by index if the underlying application undergoes any changes.
    INFO:AutoTest:Locator string:member[Class=ListGrid||index=1||length=2||classIndex=0||classLength=1||roleIndex=0||roleLength=1||scRole=list] - returning widget with matching ClassName / index by ClassName:[ListGrid ID:isc_ListGrid_0]
    I had a go at changing the /row and /col parts so they use indexes

(i.e. /body/row[1]/col[1])

which worked!! But this is not acceptable because the cell I want to click isn't going to be in position 1,1 every time I run the test.

Would it be possible to either obtain a copy of the uncompressed AutoTest class to help me debug the problem OR can anybody suggest why this might be happening.

Regards
    Alex

Can you post the code of the ListGrid sample where you say that the scLocator does not work?

Comment

Code:
      this.templateGrid = isc.ListGrid.create({
      	autoFitData: "horizontal",
      	width: "100%",
      	height: "100%",
      	sortField: "modifiedDate",
      	sortDirection: "Array.DESCENDING",
      	dataSource: dvTemplateDS,
      	alternateRecordStyles: true,
      	autoFetchData: false,
      	groupStartOpen: "none",
      	selectionType: "single",
      	dateFormatter: i18n("DATETIME_SHORT_DISPLAY_FORMAT", "toUSShortDateTime"),
      	fields:[
      		{name:"homePageIcon", title: " ", width: 25, type:"image", canGroupBy: false},
      		{name:"id", title:i18n("TEMPLATE_ID"), width:40, type:"integer", canGroupBy: false},
      		{name:"name", title:i18n("TEMPLATE_NAME_SHORT"), width: "*",
      			recordClick: function(viewer, record, recordNum, field, fieldNum, value, rawValue) {
      				me.templateGrid.runTemplate(record.id);
      				return false;
      			}
      		   },
      		{name:"createdBy",         title:i18n("TEMPLATE_CREATED_BY"), width:110},
      		{name:"createdDate",    title:i18n("TEMPLATE_CREATED_DATE"), width:130, type:"date"},
      		{name:"modifiedBy",        title:i18n("TEMPLATE_MODIFIED_BY"), width:110},
      		{name:"modifiedDate",    title:i18n("TEMPLATE_MODIFIED_DATE"), width:130, type:"date"}
      	],
      	getBaseStyle: function(record, rowNum, colNum) {
      		var cellStyle = this.Super("getBaseStyle", arguments);
      		if (this.getFieldName(colNum) === "name") {
      			return  "linkCell";
      		} else {
      			return cellStyle;
      		}
      	},
      	recordDoubleClick: function(viewer, record, recordNum, field, fieldNum, value, rawValue) {
      		me.templateGrid.runTemplate(record.id);
      	},
      	selectionChanged: function(record, state) {
      		if (state === true) {
      			me.editButton.setDisabled(false);
      			me.runButton.setDisabled(false);
      			me.viewButton.setDisabled(false);
      		} else {
      			me.editButton.setDisabled(true);
      			me.runButton.setDisabled(true);
      			me.viewButton.setDisabled(true);
      		}
      	}
      });

Comment

Hi abrown,

Thanks for posting that, but that's not code we can run (has external dependencies).

Comment

Working...
        X