Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Can I get uncompressed JavaScript files?

Hello,
    the JavaScript-Files are very hard to debug. Is there a way to get a documented and formatted version with "speaking variables"?

Thanks

These are present in the smartclientSDK\source\client folder. I found that most of the interesting stuff is in the widgets folder.

Comment

Sorry for necroposting, still my question is quite similar.

I've found the sources of the components in the SDK/source/client still I couldn't launch the web page using these files instead of regular minified versions. I assume that the problem is in the isomorphicDir variable.

Is there some sort of manual on how to use the correct javascript sources - ones that can be debugged with firebug or dev tools.

P.S. Sorry for the oversimplistic question: I'm just starting to work with SmartClient... thanks for the replies in advance.

// Juriy

Comment

Hi,

This is how we package our debug and release versions of the Isomorphic framework :

RELEASE version (obfuscated) :

1) From the Isomorphic LGPL distribution zip file, extract the "login", "skins" and "system" folders
        from the "SmartClientRuntime/isomorphic/" folder.

2) You should create a folder named "isomorphic" and have the 3 folders copied into it. The
        result should be as follows:

isomorphic/
        login/
        skins/
        system/

DEBUG version (non obfuscated) :

1) From the Isomorphic LGPL distribution zip file, extract the "client" folder
        from the "SmartClientSDK/source/" folder.

2) From the Isomorphic LGPL distribution zip file, extract the "login", "skins" and "system" folders
        from the "SmartClientSDK/isomorphic/" folder.

3) You should create a folder named "isomorphic" and have the 4 folders copied into it. The
        result should be as follows:

isomorphic/
        client/
        login/
        skins/
        system/

4) Before packaging the debug archive, copy/overwrite the system/modules folder with the client/modules folder,
        using the following copy operation:

copy from isomorphic/client/modules
        to isomorphic/system/modules

This is how we do it. This way, when inside Firebug or Chrome debugger, we can step into the ISC code seamlessly.

We've setup some Ant tasks that achieve all of the above.

This might not be the "official" way of doing it but it works for us. Hope that helps!

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Worked just fine, except that I'm getting a dozen of errors for downloading files like

GET /isomorphic/client/schema/DataSourceField.ds.xml.js

There's extra ".js" extension added to the file name, while the real file doesn't have it (it ends with .xml"). However it doesn't seem to affect anything. Probably renaming these files will also do the job.

In any case, thank you very much, you helped me a lot to get started with this framework!

// Juriy

Comment

Yeah, I get that too (only for the non-obfuscated version, which doesn't get shipped to production anyways).

I think it's some data source definitions, but that has never caused us any issues.

Again, this is unofficial as I don't work for Isomorphic. Maybe they have another approach to it .

Best regards,

Comment

Solution "version.js.js"

By SmartClient 8.3 this is coused by bug in some files (for Example ISC_Containers.js, ISC_DataBinding.js, ISC_Drawing.js, ISC_Forms.js, ISC_Foundation.js, ISC_Grids.js...) in the folder smartclient/client/modules , where in the variable "libs", "debug/version.js" should be given without the extension.
              To fix it-just remove the extension ".js" and the error message should not appear again in IE8.

Comment

Working...
              X