Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Client-Side Templating/View Construction in 2011

The following recommendation is getting commonplace in 2011: Let all the templating/view construction take place completely on the client-side; and let a server-side framework render/deliver raw data only; instead of rendering/delivering views containing the data ...

What is the SmartClient take on Client-Side Templating/View Construction in 2011 ?

That's what SmartClient and SmartGWT do, and we've been saying this since 2000.

Comment

I am asking this, because in the jQuery Galaxy, lots of new stars seem to be born at the moment; one example: KnockOut (KO) http://knockoutjs.com

I already thought of SmartClient providing client-side View/UI construction for a long time; but it is my understanding that SmartClient uses its own form fields (no input history), for instance; whereas KnockOut uses native form fields.

All in all it would be of great interest if You pointed us to the examples/documentation which shows SmartClient's pendant to KnockOut. I am (still) not familiar neither with SmartClient, nor with the jQuery Galaxy, so please excuse potential dumb questions ...

Comment

We use native form controls (eg TextItem) and add our own where native isn't enough (SelectItem picklist).

Sorry, if you think Knockout is interesting, you're seemingly trying to build something totally different from what SmartClient targets. SmartClient is for advanced business applications. It's silly to even think about direct DOM manipulating stuff if that's your target.

Comment

Working...
        X