Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Not possible to use custom popuptextareaitem in listgrid....

Hi,
    I have created a subclass of the PopupTextAreaItem to be used in inline grid editing. I noticed however that tabbing out of the popup does not work. After checking the source code I noticed these lines in the ListGrid:

Code:
    _popUpTextAreaEditorTypes:{popUpTextArea:true, PopUpTextAreaItem:true},

//>PopUpTextAreaItem    
            // For pop-up textArea type editors, apply the keyPress handling code to the textArea<b></b>
            if (this._popUpTextAreaEditorTypes[eT] == true) {
    }
    This means that if I have my own subclass of PopupTextArea then the required properties are not set.

Is there a solution for this? I am using the nightly build of the 11th of January.

Btw, the above remark also applies to the _checkboxEditorTypes (although accidentally the code checks for the underlying type (boolean) so it works fine for me).

gr. Martin

PopUpTextAreaItem is currently an internal, undocumented class, hence the hardcoding for speed. What are you trying to customize?

Comment

Hi,
      It works great for an undocumented feature I must say...

In this case we could use the direct PopupTextAreaItem... But we extend currently all the smartclient form items to have somewhat of a separation between our code and sc code.

So we could directly use the PopupTextAreaItem to solve this. On the other hand, as extending is advocated by Isomorphic (afaik) it would be great if this specific feature can be made public (so have the array not obfuscated at runtime).

gr. Martin

Comment

Bumped up :-)

Just as a request, can't Isomorphic make this property of the listgrid public (so without the starting underscore) then I can update it with my own types.

As a general remark, it would be great if nothing gets obfuscated so can be extended and that 'internalness' of an api is marked somehow without limiting the user of Smartclient (you never know what you need to extend to get something specific done...).

gr. Martin

Comment

Sorry, we can't just turn off obfuscation, it shaves a lot of bytes off the delivered files.

We were still looking for an answer on what you're trying to do. You mentioned something about a coding convenience in the particular way you've chosen to structure your code - thats not really something that makes this a rush feature, sorry.

Comment

Hi,
            Yes, still it helps to override/change behavior if even a larger part of the api is made public (so does not start with a _).
            Also this specific case it seems not to have much impact I guess.

But I also understand that it is not a rush feature, I can revert back to using the PopupTextAreaItem instead of overriding it.

We use extension mainly to really get a separation between our code and original SC code. Many times we want to add extra behavior/checks to existing sc code, without overwriting existing behavior completely (so overwriting existing methods), within our override we call the super method using this.Super to make use of existing logic in SC components.
            For the PopupTextAreaItem this is not necessary at the moment.

gr. Martin

Comment

Hi,
              As time has passed... To revisit this old post. The only solution I had to work around the obfuscation of the _popUpTextAreaEditorTypes property is to hardcode the obfuscated variable in my code. This hit us when upgrading smartclient (as the obfuscated code changed).

A request, can this specific property be made unobfuscated? It is a small change and it allows overriding of the popup text area (which is currently not possible officially).

gr. Martin

Comment

Ok we've made the change to de-obfuscate this property. It is now available as just popUpTextAreaEditorTypes (no leading underscore).
                The change will show up in nightly builds on the 8.2d branch going forward.

Note that this is still not an officially supported API, so we can't guarantee its behavior in all cases, etc!

Regards
                Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
                X