Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

synchronized scrolling

I am trying to implement a cube-like grid. (I know there is support for this in SM 8 but I have a poor man's version working fine except for scrolling.) The grid has a top header (column headings) and a left column that is also a header column. The implementation I have is straight-forward enough except for scrolling. I would like the scrolling to be 2-directional. When horizontal scrolling occurrs I want the top header to scroll with the grid body. When vertical scrolling occurrs I would like the left header column to scroll with the grid body. This is much like having a standard list grid with the first column fixed.

The current implementation is three canvases, (top header, grid body and the left column). The scroll bars for the grid body work fine. My thinking is to make the top header and left header observers of the scrolled() event on the grid body and adjust their positions accordingly.

Before I get too involved in this does it sound right? Any advise on syncronizing scrolling between multiple widgets?

Thanks,
    -paul

That's a reasonable approach, although you might simplify to a ListGrid with frozen columns plus an extra Canvas for multi-level headers. Or really really simplify by just using the CubeGrid :)

Comment

Working...
    X