Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

New Charts package in IE7?

I've tried the example charts in the SC8 SmartClient_Explorer app (running on smartclient.com) to see how well it works in IE7 (Windows XP). From the blog post on the new Charts package I understood that IE6-IE8 were supported. However, when I try the examples, all I see are the text legends and no charts.
    Does the current SC8 Feature Explorer on smartclient.com have the IE enabled charts? Or is there something else I need to do to see these charts? They seem to work fine in FireFox on XP
    Thanks,
    Scott

Has anyone gotten the new charts working in IE?

Comment

Hi Scott
      Sorry for the confusion here. The charts package in the 8.0 release should indeed be working in IE, but isn't in the feature explorer.
      You can see it in action in the example at http://localhost:8080/cube/productRevenue_grid_demo.jsp (Right click the cube grid entries to chart by different facet combinations).

The difference is that in this example the HTML file
      - does not have a doctype declaration
      - includes a vml xmlns attribute on the HTML tag:
      Code:
      <HTML xmlns:vml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml">
      - includes a VML style declaration
      Code:
      <style>VML\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}</style>
      In the 8.0 release these are required for charting to work properly in IE 7 and 8.
      As of the latest (April 2) nightly build, and the upcoming 8.0.1 release we no longer have these requirements.

Thanks
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
      X