Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Caching: Comprehensive solution covering client-side AND server-side available ?

I am aware of client-side caching capabilities of the ISC DataSources; but I have not yet found out if the ISC server-side Java Framework offers caching capabilities, too; the integration of caching capabilities into Web Frameworks does make much sense and is therefore almost "standard" these days ...

If the ISC docs contained an article describing an overall powerful caching mechanism/paradigm, that would be fine !

What do you expect the web server framework to cache?

Comment

If I'm not in error, it does make sense to cache data with the following characteristics:
      - Not dynamic up to the second
      - Must be fetched from DBs or Web Services
      - Is often accessed in the same way; and can therefore be fetched from cache instead of accessing DBs or invoking Web Services ...

Comment

Most server caching solutions focus on caching frequently accessed bits of generated HTML. In SmartClient / SmartGWT there is no server-side HTML generation so this is far less applicable - the corresponding resources are instead caches in the user's browser.

However for the far less common case where pure data caching makes sense, we put no impediments in the way - database replication is transparent to our SQL/JPA/Hibernate connectors, and more unusual strategies, where applicable, can be added via DMI and custom DataSources, in the same fashion that any other custom persistence logic is added.

Comment

Working...
        X