Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid: showallcolumns===false --> inline editform contains only subset of fields

Hi,
    I have a listgrid with about 26 columns, from a performance perspective it is best to have showAllColumns at false, but I have a problem when editing in the grid, if showAllColumns is false then the editform, for the inlinegrid editing, only has fields for the current visible columns and not for all columns in the grid.

This gives me trouble because there is code which changes the defaults and sets combobox values for all the fields in a form, if the form only contains a subset of the fields then the default computation fails for the non-existing columns.

Is there a way to have showAllColumns at false when not editing but still have the editform contain all the fields of the form (so when editing inline showAllColumns should be true for the row being edited.

gr. Martin

No, the two are tied together and there would be little gain from rendering only a few columns if all the formItems have to be created anyway.

Are you doing something directly with the generated FormItems? That's generally a bad idea, and you should instead establish defaults via either defaultValue or via using editorEnter to establish editValues for fields as they are encountered.

Comment

Okay clear, thanks for the response, probably I need/will rework some parts later based on your comments here.

Comment

Working...
      X