Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

LinkItem, click on the right of it opens link

Hi,
    With the nightly of 17 of april (and also in the demo site). When I have a linkitem, clicking on the right of it opens the link also. It seems that the link item is rendered at the same width as the form, while the actual link maybe shorter.
    When then clicking right of the label, it is seen as a click on the link.

I tried setting width to 1 and overflow to visible on the field but it did not help. Is there another way for me to prevent the openlink when clicking in the empty space on the right?

Thanks!

gr. Martin

We're not seeing this
    Here's a simple test case:
    Code:
    isc.DynamicForm.create({
        ID:"testForm",
        width:400, height:400,
        border:"1px solid red",
        items:[{name:"Tester", type:"LinkItem", linkTitle:"Click Me", defaultValue:"http://www.smartclient.com"}]
    });
    In this example clicking to the right of the link text doesn't open the link, but clicking directly over it does.

Can you show us example code that demonstrates this problem?

Thanks
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Yes your version works fine, but I change the target to javascript/implement the handleClick method then it shows the behavior I mentioned (the click or handleClick method is fired when clicking to the right of the label). This is the code I tried:

Code:
      isc.DynamicForm.create({
          ID:"testForm",
          width:400, height:400,
          border:"1px solid red",
          items:[{name:"Tester", type:"LinkItem", target: 'javascript', linkTitle:"Click Me", handleClick: function(){isc.say('You clicked me!');}, defaultValue:"http://www.smartclient.com"}]
      });
      Note, I am using chrome 10 on Ubuntu so it may ofcourse be an environment issue.

gr. Martin

Comment

Hi,
        Did you have time to check this out?

gr. Martin

Comment

We haven't dug in yet but it's assigned to an engineer. We'll let you know when we have an update

Comment

This should be resolved in the next nightly build. Let us know if you continue to see it
            Thanks

Comment

Thanks again for your quick/fast response. I will probably check right away tomorrow.

gr. Martin

Comment

Working...
              X