Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Error Running In FireFox

Hi, running smartGWT 2.2 LGPL version.

We've developed an application and it runs perfectly in IE8.0 However, when I try to run in FireFox, I get all sorts of errors:

This is a hard error that causes the app to fail:
    Code:
    00:06:29.468 [ERROR] Uncaught exception escaped
    com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (null): null 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:237) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:126) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeVoid(ModuleSpace.java:289) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeVoid(JavaScriptHost.java:107) 	at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.Canvas.redraw(Canvas.java) 	
    at com.mr.stconn.client.admin.EditLDAPHome.loadGrid(EditLDAPHome.java:191) 	
    at com.mr.stconn.client.admin.EditLDAPHome.access$2(EditLDAPHome.java:189) 	
    at com.mr.stconn.client.admin.EditLDAPHome$4.onSuccess(EditLDAPHome.java:183) 	
    at com.mr.stconn.client.admin.EditLDAPHome$4.onSuccess(EditLDAPHome.java:1) 	
    at com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.impl.RequestCallbackAdapter.onResponseReceived(RequestCallbackAdapter.java:215) 	at com.google.gwt.http.client.Request.fireOnResponseReceived(Request.java:287) 	
    at com.google.gwt.http.client.RequestBuilder$1.onReadyStateChange(RequestBuilder.java:395) 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) 	
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) 	
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) 	
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:157) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessagesWhileWaitingForReturn(BrowserChannelServer.java:326) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:207) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:126) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:269) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91) 	at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java) 	at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:214) 	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor66.invoke(Unknown Source) 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:157) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:281) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:531) 	
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:352) 	
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    And these are other errors that show up that look to be making the pages not appear as they should

Code:
    00:01:31.211 [ERROR] 11:40:37.416:WARN:Label:isc_IButton_0_label:left specified as fractional coordinate:703.5. Rounded to:704
    com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 11:40:37.416:WARN:Label:isc_IButton_0_label:left specified as fractional coordinate:703.5. Rounded to:704 	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) 	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source) 	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:157) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:281) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:531) 	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:352) 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

00:05:08.729 [ERROR] 11:44:14.924:SCR1:WARN:IButton:isc_IButton_0:setImage: image 'start' couldn't be found
    com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 11:44:14.924:SCR1:WARN:IButton:isc_IButton_0:setImage: image 'start' couldn't be found

00:05:08.729 [ERROR] 11:44:14.924:SCR1:WARN:IButton:isc_IButton_0:setImage: image 'stretch' couldn't be found
    com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 11:44:14.924:SCR1:WARN:IButton:isc_IButton_0:setImage: image 'stretch' couldn't be found
    As I said, it works like a dream in in IE8.0. I have no user-agents specified in the module.gwt.xml file, so it should be generating code that supports all browsers. It appears that all the errors are being generated through smartGWT, so I was wondering if anybody else had seen this before and if I am just missing some setting to be able to deploy cross-browser.

Which version of FireFox are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by smartgwt.dev
      Which version of FireFox are you using?
      Sorry, my bad on that --

I've tried it on FireFox 3.5 and FireFox 3.6 and also FireFox 4.0 Beta (a reach, I know, but just in case!) with the same errors everywhere.

Comment

Hello, I'm having the exact same problem (same stack trace) using SmartGWT 2.4 and Firefox 3.6. Was a solution to this problem ever found?
        Thanks in advance!

Comment

See the FAQ - use the Developer Console in compiled mode to get real error information (this stack trace is unfortunately useless).

Comment

Working...
          X