No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Select and delete often does not work correctly in masked input fields

I have a formular with a masked Input-Field like this:
    #####
    When I type in some content, for example '12345', it all appears right, but when i want to delete a part of it and select it, often it only deletes one single character instead of deleting the whole selection. Sometimes it works good, but often it doesn't. Is there any known solution for this issue?

A specific test case that causes this issue along with browser details would be very helpful.

Comment

Code:
      isc.DynamicForm.create({
          ID: 'example',
          position:'relative',
          fields:
          [
              {name:"postalcode", title:"Postalcode", mask:"#####"}
          ]
      });
      Smartclient version is 8.0 .

I'm using Chromium 10.0.648.205 on Ubuntu but also tested it in a Safari browser with my colleague's MacBook but the issue also appeared, that only one character is erased, when I try to erase a selection of more characters.

Comment

It appears that at least Chrome does not return the selection range when using the mouse. If you use the keyboard shift-arrow to select, it works.

Comment

Yes you're right. I tried it in Firefox and it worked all well. It's good to know though it doesn't really solve the problem. Is there anything else that I can do?

Comment

Not at present. There are some possibilities of workaround within SC...

Comment

Working...
            X