Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Horizontal Scroll in Treegrid

Hi,

I have a treegrid which displays data in a tree structure. I see a vertical scroll bar when the the data exceeds the treegrid height. But I don't see a horizontal scroll when the contents exceed width of the treegrid. Is there anything that I am missing. Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Karthik

Hi there. Currently grids horizontally clip the contents of each column at the edge of the column. To see more of it, you generally have to resize the column or specify an explicit width that is large enough to show what you need.

If you want the column contents to overflow, you can try these settings on your grid:

Code:
    showHeader: false,
    bodyProperties: {
        fixedColumnWidths: false
    },
    The suppression of the header isn't ideal, but is unfortunately required at this time. This will likely be improved in a future release.

Comment

Hi,
      is this meanwhile improved to be done automatically? And how to do it in SmartGWT?

I also would like to have a horizontal scrollbar appearing when the tree is getting too large, preferably with showHeader=true (so the user doesn't have to resize that column to get the scrollbar).

TIA

Comment

Working...
      X