Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Destroy of layout, should it destroy its members?

Hi,
    I have a layout which has other layouts as members which have grids and forms and other layouts (as a tree structure). If destroy is called on the top layout is then also destroy called for the members of the layout?

In my case it does not seem so. Should I add a the members in special way or set a property to accomplish this?

gr. Martin

Destroying a component destroys all children, and all members are children. If you're not seeing this happen, please put together code we can run to see the effect.

Comment

Hmm, my mistake, sorry, this works fine, but we see our memory usage increasing when opening/closing tabs. Is a datasource of a form item also destroyed? is a datasource of a formitem also automatically destroyed?

gr. Martin

Comment

At the operating system level, memory as viewed by a crude tool like the Task Manager will pretty much keep increasing until something else requests memory. Use tools like sIEve or Dynatrace to detect actual leaks or performance problems.

Comment

Okay, I check the chrome developers tools also, and there I see the number _2 objects increasing (and memory usage also). Can the chrome developers tools be trusted in your opinion?

gr. Martin

Comment

It's situation specific, each browser's tools return garbage results in some instances.

With what specific tool are you seeing "_2 objects"? A screenshot would help.

Comment

Chrome developers tools, the profile tab, but the _2 are not relevant afaics. I have been analyzing and I need to override the destroy method in some places to clean up objects which are not children. So let me do that and come back to you if I have any more problems.

Thanks for your very quick replies!

gr. Martin

Comment

Working...
              X