Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

RTL issues with listgrid

Hi,
    I am adapting my application to work in RTL mode. I noticed a few things with the listgrid which hopefully someone can help:

- the filter row does not seem to be mirrored, follow the column headers
    - I use record components (in frozen columns), in RTL mode they are not shown.
    - should frozen columns not be shown on the right?
    - I use the selection 'checkbox' mode, shouldn't the checkbox be shown on the right?
    - the popup menu from the column header is shown with a wrong appearance. See attached image.
    - In addition, I see the same issues as described here:
    http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=13040

I am on a nightly build from 19th of July, (will upgrade later this week to a newer nightly to get some bugfixes).

gr. Martin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by martintaal; 17 Aug 2011, 05:55.

RTL support is currently only advertised at beta quality.

Comment

Yes, but your answer is fairly (understatement) short, no vision on when/what gets supported, no workarounds... Anything here?

gr. Martin

Comment

The statement at smartclient.com/builds seems to answer your questions - did you read it? If so, and you still have a specific question, then ask that question.

Comment

Yes read that page, my experience with nightly builds is quite positive actually, they are very usable, and a nice thing is that I can try bugfixes done by Isomorphic right away.

So I am not sure what your answer means... You mean, upgrade to a more recent nightly build, or try the 8.1 release, because all these issues have been solved or something else...

I was planning to try the most recent nightly build in any case as some issues have been solved in there (selectonfocus, memory leak).

gr. Martin

Comment

Sorry, wrong thread. As far as RTL support, what this means is that it's not a supported feature, so there may well be a number of flaws, but these will not be treated as bugs. If you want full RTL support, it would be a valid Feature Sponsorship, or you could get individual problems fixed via consulting hours.

Comment

Okay still, without feature sponsorship/consulting, are there any plans at Isomorphic to support RTL in the (short term) future? And if so, what time frame?

Are more people/customers asking for it?

I ask this because I understand that extjs/sencha will have support for RTL in their 4.1 release (end of this year). That's without feature sponsorship or consulting (afaiu). So 'competitors' of smartclient seem to consider this to be a standard feature... (at least it seems so to me).

gr. Martin

Comment

There is currently no ETA. We get intermittent questions about it, but almost always from people considering the free product or a discount on our cheapest licenses, for this reason, it has not been prioritized relative to what people are actually asking for (we need to respond to what paying customers want).

Comment

Working...
                X