No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ComboBoxItem selection

Hi,

When I look at your ComboBoxItem sample located in the feature explorer
    @ Forms / Form Controls / List - Multi-Field Search, I find a behavior somewhat
    different than what I would have expected ...

1) Position cursor in the Item (ComboBox) field.
    2) Start typing some letters ('a' letter for example).
    3) A list of matching selections appear for the user to choose from.
    4) Using the mouse (important to use the mouse), click on one of the proposed items.

Instead of closing the list and accepting the user selection, the list pops up
    again, but this time with only one proposed item, the one the user chose. The user
    needs to click that item a 2nd time ...

Would it be possible to change this behavior to have the value selected and
    have the drop-down list closed upon 1st selection ?

Thanks,

This was fixed a long time ago - make sure you're using a fully patched version of whatever release you're looking at (available from SmartClient.com/builds).

Comment

I'm using and reproducing this issue using the 8.1.x nightly LGPL build from 2011-11-24 ...

And by the way, the feature explorer hosted on the internet @ smartclient.com
      also exposes this problem.

Are you sure we're talking about the same issue ? Was this fixed after 2011-11-24
      or before ?

Thanks,

Comment

This issue was fixed but it appears to have regressed.
        Fixed again now - please try a new nightly to pick up the fix:
        http://www.smartclient.com/builds

Comment

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest LGPL 8.1 release obtained from the following
          link and I still see the problem.

http://www.smartclient.com/builds/Sm...GPL/2012-01-02

The 8.1.x LGPL folder is currently empty ... (http://www.smartclient.com/builds/Sm...ent/8.1.x/LGPL)

Was this fixed in 8.1, 8.2 or 8.3 ? It's kind of hard to follow at this point ... ;-)

Thanks,

Comment

Using SmartClient_SC_SNAPSHOT-2012-01-03_v82p, I managed to see that
            this was fixed, but that version seem to have other issues such as :

1) when I executed the scenario originally outlined, after step #4,
            the focus gets screwed up. My combo box item looses focus and focus
            is not even given to the next form field ... It just goes out of the form
            altogether ...

2) form items of type 'link' don't render as hyperlinks, but as edit boxes.

Any idea ?

Is that version supposed to be production ready ? We are shipping in
            production in 2 weeks and need something that has some level of stability ...

What version would you suggest ?

Thanks,

Comment

Anyone has more insight regarding this issue ?

Thanks,

Comment

RE builds: We've reworked our nightly build policy somewhat recently to clear up some confusion about what builds are stable and what are true "development" build. In short we "patch" builds and "dev" builds.
                Patch builds are builds cut from branches containing bug-fixes only.

Which build you should work with depends on your situation. The overview is:
                8.1p = stable, patched release - no functional changes from 8.1, bug fixes only
                8.2p = stable, patched release - has some new features and potentially behavior changes relative to 8.1 though back-compat is always maintained where possible. See the 8.2 release notes (in the package) to see what was introduced in this upgrade.
                8.3d = Development branch (hasn't yet had an official release).
                New feature work (relative to 8.2) is in progress in this branch.

This is all outlined on the builds homepage.

The fix for the original issue with the combobox item re-showing has been resolved there in all three branches.

Issue #1 (Selection getting lost after first selection) is a real issue that shows up in the 8.2p branch. Thanks for the heads up - we'll be fixing this moving forward (will be fixed in the next 8.2 nightly build). We are not reproducing this in 8.1p.

Issue #2 - If a "link" type field is editable, it will show up as an editable text-box by default, since link is a data-type. If you want to show an actual Link item you should use editorType:"LinkItem" or set canEdit:false on the field.

Comment

Using 8.2p (01/10/2012), the following code renders my link as an edit box :

Code:
                  fields
                  [
                     {
                        type : 'link', name : 'switch', canEdit : false, showTitle : false, colSpan : 2,
                        align : 'left', linkTitle : 'Log in as a different user',
                        click : 'MyApplication.logout(true, true)', target : 'javascript'
                     },
                  ]
                  Even when I replace type : 'link' with editorType : 'LinkItem', I still get an edit box instead of a link ...

Any other ideas ?

Comment

I had to revert back to 8.0 again since I was not able to figure this one out. Can anyone
                    provide assistance quickly ? This is becoming more and more important as we'll be moving
                    our application to production very soon.

The outstanding issue is about having 'LINK' items render as 'EDIT' boxes. If you see my
                    previous post, I did try 'canEdit = false' as well as editorType : 'LinkItem' but I still get the problem ...

I have this behavior with 8.2p, but not with 8.0 GA.

Thanks,

Comment

Against existing 8.2p code this:
                      Code:
                      isc.DynamicForm.create({
                      fields:[ 
                        {      type : 'link', name : 'switch', canEdit : false, showTitle : false, 
                      colSpan : 2,      align : 'left', linkTitle : 'Log in as a different user',     
                       click : 'MyApplication.logout(true, true)', target : 'javascript'   }
                      ]
                      });
                      renders a clickable link item.
                      If you move to a SearchForm, the same field definition does not -- in this case you have to use 'canFilter:false' on the field, like this:

Code:
                      isc.SearchForm.create({
                      fields:[ 
                        {      type : 'link', name : 'switch', canFilter : false, showTitle : false, 
                      colSpan : 2,      align : 'left', linkTitle : 'Log in as a different user',     
                       click : 'MyApplication.logout(true, true)', target : 'javascript'   }
                      ]
                      })
                      We're taking a look at how to make this more intuitive - we'll keep you posted, but that should get you running.

Regards
                      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi,

I just downloaded 8.2p again (SmartClient_SC_SNAPSHOT-2012-01-16_v82p) and I still get edit
                        boxes instead of links with the following code :

Code:
                        // create login form

DynamicForm.create
                        ({
                         ID : 'myLoginForm',
                         autoFocus : true,
                         numCols : 2,
                         colWidths : [ 60, 120 ],
                         fields :
                          [
                           {
                            type : 'text', title : 'Username', name: 'username',
                             keyPress : function (item, form, keyName)
                             {
                              if (keyName == 'Enter')
                              {
                                form.focusInItem('password');
                                return false;
                              }
                             }
                           },
                           {
                             type : 'password', title : 'Password', name: 'password',
                             keyPress : function (item, form, keyName)
                             {
                              if (keyName == 'Enter')
                              {
                                form.myLoginWindow.doLogin();
                                return false;
                              }
                             }
                            },
                            {
                              type : 'checkbox', title : 'Remember Me', name : 'remember'
                            },
                            {
                              type : 'spacer', height : 5, colSpan : 2
                            },
                            {
                              type : 'button', name : 'button', title : 'Login', colSpan : 2, width : 75,
                              align : 'right', click : 'form.myLoginWindow.doLogin()'
                            },
                            {
                              type : 'spacer', height : 10, colSpan : 2
                            },
                            {
                              type : 'link', name : 'switch', canEdit : false, showTitle : false, colSpan : 2,
                              align : 'left', linkTitle : 'Log in as a different user',
                              click : 'MyApplication.logout(true, true)', target : 'javascript'
                             }
                           ],
                           values :
                           {
                             username : savedUsername,
                             remember : savedRemember
                           }
                        });
                        I've included the entire code so you can look at it, but the code you provided is exactly the same
                        as what I've been using and posted in my previous forum post !!!

Can someone please look at this ? Is it me or is something wrong with 8.2p and link items ?

I need help with this one. Thanks!

Comment

We're finding that if you copy and paste this code into the feature explorer of this exact build and run it you see a static, clickable link at the bottom (with title "log in as a different user").
                          The only changes we made to the code were
                          - adding "isc." prefix to the DynamicForm.create(...) call
                          - modifying the 2 referenced variables ("savedUsername" and "savedRemember") in the default values to be literal values

There must be something else special about your use case that is causing the link to show up editable. How exactly are you running your code?

Comment

Interesting ... I haven't tried that out. I use this code as-is in a 8.0GA build and it works perfectly. When I
                            upgrade ISC to 8.2p, I get the edit box issue. I'll try it out using the feature explorer approach to isolate
                            where this comes from ...

I'll keep you updated.

Tx!

Comment

Hi,

I found what this particular issue was all about. We had implemented a new method called isReadOnly() in
                              a FormItem derived class but didn't call Super since that method did not exist in the FormItem base class, back
                              in version 8.0. Since this method now exists in 8.2p, this was breaking since we weren't calling it. We fixed this
                              and that particular issue is now resolved.

I still have other issues/regressions upgrading from 8.0 to 8.2p, but I'm still investigating those. I'll post another
                              forum thread if I require any help with those.

Thanks for your assistance!

Comment

Working...
                              X