Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ComboBoxItem pickListWidth issue ...

Hi,

Using SmartClient 8.2p, under Chrome (no issue with FireFox and Internet Explorer),
    when I use a ComboBoxItem, my form seem to get resized to accomodate for the pickListWidth
    of the ComboBoxItem, which makes my form distorted (see Year & Period Level fields) .

See attachments for details ... As you can see, the Chrome form layout is screwed but
    not Firefox and IE.

Is that a known issue known ? Can be it fixed ?

Thanks,
    Attached Files

Any one ?

Why is it so long for someone to answer ? The Isomorphic staff on the forums used to be much quicker
    at giving answers and/or acknowledging issues ...

Sorry for my frustration, but I'm currently under some pressure to get things out and I need answers
    to the issues I report.

Thanks,

Comment

Sorry Yan, we have a couple of people engaged in an ongoing slog trying to work around native bugs in IE8 in an area where IE's behavior varies with phases of the moon and the first letter of your pet's name. Please bear with us and we'll get to this report as soon as we can.

Comment

I understand and I'll be waiting ... Thanks for your response.

Comment

Hi Yan,
          We have taken a look at this and the screenshots don't give us enough to go on.
          In all browsers the pickList is drawn as a top level component - not a child of the form. Therefore the form does not expand to accommodate it by default.

Our best guess from looking at your screenshots is that this is an issue to do with percentage sizing. Something along the lines of having a 100% sized form embedded in a 100% sized window, and then when the pick list is shown, the window erroneously believes the browser viewport has grown, so the window (and form) get wider to accommodate this change, leading to the bug.
          This would imply that our logic to calculate page widths is incorrect in 8.2 in Chrome.

This is an area where there are native browser differences that we paper over, so this is plausible but we're not able to reproduce the problem from some quick tests on our end.

Would you be able to get us a test case we could run on our end demonstrating the issue?
          We understand that time is an issue for you on this - if you have trouble getting a standalone test case together for us, if you could show us the structure of the page and code snippets for generating the form we'll see if we can come up with a test case on our end from those.
          Also - let us know if you have any doctype setting / what it is (this kind of sizing issue is often a result of different native behaviors within browsers for strict mode vs back-compat mode, etc)

Thanks
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
          X