Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Img widget never shows on Weblogic, only in dev mode

I am running smartgwt power 3.0 and gwt 2.3. In dev mode I create an Img widget for a image that is generated dynamically on the server side. I am using RPC DMI. It displays fine in dev mode, but when I deploy to Weblogic it doesn't display. Not even a broken link. If I type the url in the browser I can access the image. I checked the server logs and it is returning the correct url. This is the client side code
    Code:
    if(theGraphImage != null)
    {
      theGraphImage.setSrc(graphURL.toString() + "?" + currTime.toString());
    }
    else
    {
        theGraphImage = new Img(graphURL.toString());
    }
    This works fine in Dev mode, but after deploying I don't know what happens. The server logs say The image URL being sent is to the client for the graph is http://myipaddress/MyAppName/graphs/image-name.jpg. The server side code creates the URL and then returns the url.toString(); Like I said I can type the url returned into the browser and pull up the image, but the Img widget never shows when deployed to weblogic.

Sounds like possibly a timing issue introduced by differences in the deployment environment - what do you mean you are "using RPC DMI"? Are you using RPC DMI to trigger generation of an image on the server? If so, are you saving it somewhere on the server? Is this a clustered environment where there might be a delay before the image is available?

What if you look with Firebug at the attempt to fetch the image - is something being returned?

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
      Sounds like possibly a timing issue introduced by differences in the deployment environment - what do you mean you are "using RPC DMI"? Are you using RPC DMI to trigger generation of an image on the server? If so, are you saving it somewhere on the server? Is this a clustered environment where there might be a delay before the image is available?

What if you look with Firebug at the attempt to fetch the image - is something being returned?
      So I ruled out the timing issue. I kept a static jpg on the server side and then tried to display it but nothing. What I meant by RPC DMI is that I am making a DMI call to the server to create the image and then return the location of the image. I create the URL on the server side and return it as a string. On the client side I get the url and convert it to a string and add it to the layout. I was trying out firebug yesterday but I'm new to it so I have to figure out how to analyze if something is being returned from the server.

Comment

Working...
      X