Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

smart gwt charting

Hello,

I would like to put a chart in my product. I noticed FacetChart, is this the Smart GWT product for charting? For perhaps fusion charts is what one uses?

What chart allows one to bind a data source to a chart.

How does one get this jar/package and where is the documentation.

Thanks!
    Evan

Be sure your post includes:

1. the SmartGWT or SmartClient version from the lower left-hand corner of the Developer Console (see FAQ for how to open Developer Console)

2. browser(s) and version(s) involved

3. for a server-side problem, the *complete* logs generated during processing of the failing request (do *not* trim to just the error message)

4. for any problem processing a server response, the actual response as shown in the RPC tab in the Developer Console

5. if there is a JavaScript error, the stack trace logged in the Developer Console (see FAQ)

6. sample code if applicable

Posts with incomplete information are much more likely to be ignored.

I tried the "FacetChart"
    From
    http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee/javadoc/com/smartgwt/client/widgets/chart/FacetChart.html

I just added a VLayout and added in the chart below. But then my application just crashes, see below.

What did I miss?

Code I added for the sample chart.
    // Creating data
    Record sprRec = new Record();
    sprRec.setAttribute("season", "Spring");
    sprRec.setAttribute("temp", "79");
    Record sumRec = new Record();
    sumRec.setAttribute("season", "Summer");
    sumRec.setAttribute("temp", "102");
    Record autRec = new Record();
    autRec.setAttribute("season", "Autumn");
    autRec.setAttribute("temp", "81");
    Record winRec = new Record();
    winRec.setAttribute("season", "Winter");
    winRec.setAttribute("temp", "59");

// Creating chart
    FacetChart chart = new FacetChart();
    chart.setFacets(new Facet("season", "Season"));
    chart.setValueProperty("temp");
    chart.setData(new Record[]{sprRec, sumRec, autRec, winRec});
    chart.setTitle("Average temperature in Las Vegas");

Be sure your post includes:

1. the SmartGWT or SmartClient version from the lower left-hand corner of the Developer Console (see FAQ for how to open Developer Console)
    SmartClient Version: SC_SNAPSHOT-2012-01-17_v8.2p/EVAL Development Only (expires 2012.03.17_05.27.32) Licensed to: Isomorphic Software (#ISC_EVAL_NIGHTLY)

2. browser(s) and version(s) involved
    FireFox 7.0.1

3. for a server-side problem, the *complete* logs generated during processing of the failing request (do *not* trim to just the error message)

4. for any problem processing a server response, the actual response as shown in the RPC tab in the Developer Console

5. if there is a JavaScript error, the stack trace logged in the Developer Console (see FAQ)
    16:03:58.057 [ERROR] [winter] Unable to load module entry point class com.relay.winter.client.WinterEntryPoint (see associated exception for details)

com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): $wnd.isc[scClassName] is undefined
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:248)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:269)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.chart.FacetChart.create(FacetChart.java)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.BaseWidget.getOrCreateJsObj(BaseWidget.java:361)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.layout.Layout.addMember(Layout.java:1129)
    at com.relay.winter.client.ChartArea.GetChart(ChartArea.java:43)
    at com.relay.winter.client.ChartArea.<init>(ChartArea.java:18)
    at com.relay.winter.client.WinterEntryPoint.onModuleLoad(WinterEntryPoint.java:68)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:396)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:200)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:525)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:363)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

6. sample code if applicable

Posts with incomplete information are much more likely to be ignored.

Comment

Working...
    X