Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Firefox issue with latest 8.1:attempt to run compile-and-go script on a cleared scope

Hi,
    When I upgrade from the 8.1 build from the 4th of november to the latest nightly of 8.1 (or 8.2) then I get this error when loading my app in firefox (works fine in chrome):
    attempt to run compile-and-go script on a cleared scope

It seems to be a firefox issue, as I can load the feature explorer correctly in ff. It also seems to be related to the way I load dynamic scripts (I use Lab min js for that).

But my app works fine with the version from 4-nov. So it is somehow related to a change done since then (in combination with a FF bug). If i know then I can maybe workaround it or implement a solution.

But.. I am kind of stuck, I searched the net, looked at the changes from 4-nov to now, and I can't seem to find any reason why this happens now.

So I wanted to ask if Isomorphic/Smartclient has seen this error before? Maybe you have seen it and solved it or now what happens...

gr. Martin

We haven't ever had anyone report this error. This presumably has something to do with your minifier transforming the source code in some invalid way. Some quick Googling reveals people talking about how it may be related to bad caching, or to document.write().

Comment

Indeed! It was document.write, I was creating a script tag using document.write. But with ff this apparently does not work nicely, changing it to something like this solves it:
      var script = document.createElement("script"),
      body = document.body || document.getElementsByTagName("body");

script.type = 'text/javascript';
      script.src = src;
      body.appendChild(script);

gr. Martin

Comment

Working...
      X