Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

"node is not defined" error in viewRepos.xml

For another problem I upgraded my version. I downloaded and copied SmartClient_SC_SNAPSHOT-2012-02-18_v82p over the smartClientSDK folders. I use Mozilla Firefox 3.6.18 with Firebug using Windows XP Pro 32 bit.

I added my database using the Admin Console and checked it was OK.

Then I opened VB. It opened a popup with "Contacting server..." and underneath I could see the datasources loading.

They seemed to all load. But, the popup remained. It is still hanging, even after many attempts. I restarted my PC. I am attempting to document another problem using a standard SDK. But, I am stuck before I start.

There were no errors in the server log (portions attached), and no RPC entries on the console.

P.S. I tried deleting all my datasources. Even with only the example ds entries, VB hangs.

P.P.S. I copied a brand spanking new copy of the new SDK version into a new location all by its lonesome. I directly ran start_embedded_server.bat and then open_ISC_SDK_from_server. VB hangs from the get-go. Added a screen shot.

So, it is not any of my files that have hosed it. It must be something I have messed up in the install environment. I will keep looking around to see. JAVA_HOME is still the same. The new folder is right next to the old one that I upgraded.

P.P.P.S. To close let me report that the reason there are no RPC entries in Developer Console is that the very first RPC call did not complete. You can see it start in the code below. It never finishes.

Code:
    === 2012-02-23 09:57:24,625 [sor4] DEBUG RPCManager - Processing 1 requests.
    === 2012-02-23 09:57:24,625 [sor4] DEBUG RPCManager - Request #1 (RPCRequest) data: {
        appID:"isc_builtin",
        className:"builtin",
        methodName:"getAvailableScriptEngines",
        arguments:[
        ],
        is_ISC_RPC_DMI:true
    }
    === 2012-02-23 09:57:24,656 [sor4] INFO  IDACall - Performing 1 operation(s)
    I checked the QuickStart Guide and believe I have started everything correctly. The Feature Explorer in the SmartClient Reference does not work. When I click on an example I get a warning popup (see example warning JPG attached). In the forums I find no references to VisualBuilder hanging; one reference to freezing (but for a Admin console); and references to "Contacting server" (but for unrelated conditions).

Loading VB with Firebug on reveals an error at line 66 in http://localhost:8080/isomorphic/sys...02-18_v8.2p.js during a GET on http://localhost:8080/tools/visualBuilder/viewRepos.xml.

It says "node is not defined" in
    Code:
    isc.$ay="}catch($al){isc.eval(isc.$a0(...=_5+":"+_5;if(i<_3.length-1)_2+=","}}
    evaluating to
    Code:
    isc.$ay="}catch($al){isc.eval(isc.$a0(";isc.$a0=function(_1){var _2="var _ = {";if(_1!=""){var _3=_1.split(",");for(var i=0;i<_3.length;i++){var _5=_3[i];_2+=_5+":"+_5;if(i<_3.length-1)_2+=","}}
    I was unable to get any kind of Firebug stack trace today, like the debugging instructions call for. Even with multiple restarts with Firebug watching. The console in Firebug is twitchy. Errors pop up and disappear. I was able to grab a "node is not defined" error. Here was its contents...
    Code:
    node is not defined
    http://localhost:8080/isomorphic/system/development/ISC_Core.js?isc_version=SC_SNAPSHOT-2012-02-18_v8.2p.js
    Line 66
    The error was one of two of them. I think the first one was before VB was loading, during open_ISC_SDK_from_server. They seemed to be in the same place, however.

Another error showed up but seemed to be ignored. It was complaining about a 404 error looking for an Analytics file.

I am not sure what else to do to document the problem. It seems to be in ISC_Core.js and I have no idea how to debug it.

2012-03-01 Added Firebug results images.

2012-03-03 Updated Firebug Console image.

I tried again today to get a stack trace. My research indicated the Firebug default preference for showStackTrace was false. I found it under the Console Panel, but it was already turned on. All were on except for Chrome errors, whatever that is. So, I turned on these last two and tried again. Now I get another error. It can be seen in the updated console image. The error is in the same module. Here is the associated text results when I tried to continue after hitting the Copy button for each error.
    Code:
    http://localhost:8080/isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Core.js?isc_version=SC_SNAPSHOT-2012-02-18_v8.2p.js

reference to undefined property window.isc_useSimpleNames
    Line 40

reference to undefined property window.isc_useLongDOMIDs
    Line 41

reference to undefined property window.isc_enableCrossWindowCallbacks
    Line 230
    Seeing as I got a new error on a new day, I will try again tomorrow and see if I can set a breakpoint to capture an earlier stack trace.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RickBollinger; 3 Mar 2012, 14:26.
Working...
X