Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

scLocator: can't find a ButtonItem in a form ( with simple test case )

Hi,

I'm starting to prepare some tests but i'm running into an issue where i can't use scLocator for a button in a form. Other element types works perfectly.

I'm running SC v8.2. Here is a simplified version of the form:

Code:
    <script>
          isc.DynamicForm.create({
              ID: "dateForm",
              fields: [
                 {name: "submitButton", title: "Send", type: "button"}
              ]
          });
      </script>
    When i click at this button with recording turned on in SeleniumRC it displays the following error:

Code:
    caught error TypeError: this.getCanvasLocatorFallbackPath is not a function for element [object HTMLTableCellElement] with id
    And them keep showing more 3 or 4 errors which are almost the same.

If i change "type" to "text" and right click on it, for example, it finds the scLocator normally:

Code:
    scLocator=//DynamicForm[ID="dateForm"]/item[name=submitButton||title=Send||index=0||Class=TextItem]/element
    Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

This was a regression specific to CanvasItem (of which ButtonItem is a subclass) and is fixed in the latest builds.

Comment

A follow up on this: The issue was still manifesting in the 8.1 / 8.2 branches (but not in 8.3) - it should now be fixed in all branches (as of April 6).
      If this does reoccur let us know and we'll take another look.

Comment

Thanks. I can confirm that SmartClient_v82p_2012-04-09_LGPL.zip is working.

Comment

Selenium TypeError

I have the same error:"caught error TypeError: this.getCanvasLocatorFallbackPath is not a function for element [object HTMLTableCellElement] with idisc_4U" and don't understand what do You mean: This was a regression specific to CanvasItem (of which ButtonItem is a subclass) and is fixed in the latest builds.
          Do I have too add additional commands in the user-extensions.js file or something else?
          I appreciate your quick response!

Comment

Working...
          X