Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

MultiComboBoxItem Broke if showif = false then changed to true

I have a simple dynamic form with two form items, the second being a MultiComboBoxItem. If I set the showIf value to false on the MultiComboBoxItem field to start with and then set it to true based on a form value of the first field, it does not show the selected values on the MultiComboBoxItem. If the showIf value is set to true to begin with and you toggle the showIf value to false then true then it works as expected. I am currently using the latest version of SmartClient 10.

Thank you for your help.

FYI. I just discovered that this issue only exists if the name of the field contains [] in it. Example:

{name: "individual_ID[]", title: "Individual", layoutStyle: 'vertical', editorType: "MultiComboBoxItem", comboBoxProperties: {pickListWidth: 290 }, optionDataSource: myTestDataSource, valueField: 'individual_ID', displayField: 'name', required:true},

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

this is not allowed as name, see the docs.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Okay. I the bug still exists. It has nothing to do with the field name. Here's how you duplicate the problem. You create a button that when you press click it does a popup that contains a form. One of the form items has the "MultiComboBoxItem" type. Close the popup and then open it up again. The issue is in the optionDataSource. If you create the dataSource beforehand and pass in the MultiComboBoxItem then the second time you open the popup and then choose an item in the MultiComboBox then it will not display the result. If the optionDataSource is created each time it will not happen. The option list will show up either way.

The bug occurs only when you select the MultiComboBox item after that source has already been used in a MultiComboBox item. In that case the selected item is now shown.

Thanks.

Comment

If you think you've discovered a framework bug, you should post a minimal, ready-to-run test case demonstrating the issue.

Note that the same goes for your other thread started today.

Comment

I don't have a stand-alone example, but this is indeed happening. I tried to find the cause of this bug (if that's what it is), but could find it. Instead of using a global data source (I do this via a string), re-creating an instance of the data source solves the problem. Would be nice if there's a fix in the framework.

Is this only happening in MultiComboBoxItems or are more components like that?

Comment

Still waiting for a test case. Sorry, but when we receive a report like this - a very simple usage, already covered by automated tests, reported as broken - it usually turns out that we can't replicate the problem and the cause is actually either a usage error, or unusual settings or overrides that we could never have guessed.

Comment

Working...
              X