Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Cell Rollover Icons

Using SmartClient 8.2

A quick question: I want to show an icon in certain cells when the row containing those cells is rolled over. (The icon will be a pencil, indicating that that cell is editable, sort of like how JIRA does it). Is there an easy way to do this? I see that there is a way to place a widget at the end of the row on rollover:

http://www.smartclient.com/docs/8.2/a/system/reference/SmartClient_Explorer.html#_Grids_Appearance_RollOver.Controls

And I see that there is a setting 'useCellLevelRollovers' to apply this to each cell. However, I still want the whole row to be highlighted when I roll over it. Setting this setting to true switches to per-cell rollover.

Is there a recommended way to go about doing this?

Here's my solution to the problem, which ended up being fairly easy once I figured out the proper way to go about doing it.

I overrode the 'getBaseStyle' function in the ListGrid and modified the style class name of the column:

Code:
    		getBaseStyle: function (record, rowNum, colNum) {
    			var style = this.Super("getBaseStyle", record, rowNum, colNum);
    			if (colNum == 3) {
    				style += "-edit";
    			}
    			return style;
    		}
    Then, in my css, I defined the following:

Code:
    .item,
    .itemDark {
    	background-color: #FFFFFF;
    }

.itemOver,
    .itemOverDark {
    	background-color: #F0F0FF;
    }

.item-edit,
    .item-editDark {
    	background-color: #FFFFFF;
    }

.item-editOver,
    .item-editOverDark {
    	background-color: #F0F0FF;
    	background-image: url("../images/icn_pencil_edit.png");
    	background-repeat: no-repeat;
    	background-position: right;
    }
    The effect of this is that when I mouse over a row in my ListGrid, the whole row is highlighted, and the pencil icon shows up on the right side of the cell in the fourth column, regardless of which column I mouse over.

Comment

Working...
    X