Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Zoom charts for multiple charts

Hi, I know that it is possible to generate Zoom chart with smartclient as shows on the example:
    http://www.smartclient.com/#stockPriceCharting

Although I have the need of biding multiple charts, which would share the same x-axis, on one zoom chart.
    Is that already somehow included in the API?
    I also would prefer to have the zoom chart positioned above the charts rather then under them, how could I better approach this?
    Thanks in advance.

Could you clarify - are you referring to having a single chart with multiple Y axes, as shown in the Multi Acis chart sample? If you're referring to something else, please clarify.

Regardless of whether we can support what you need as far as "multiple charts" or multi-axis while zoomed, there's currently no way to place the zoomed area above the chart - that aspect would require either Feature Sponsorship or building your own alternative zoom interface. However, it does seem rather uncommon to use that placement - is there a particular chart interface that does this and that you like and that you are trying to match?

Comment

What I'm referring to is having, for example, 3 charts positioned each one above the other, all in the same section, these three would then share the X axis(time in months, for example), but have different Y axis.
      In the zoom charts sample I see that the X axis position of the chart is updated when we move the scrollbar, I would like then to extend this action to update the position of the three charts in the X axis based on just one Zoom Chart.

Comment

To keep the charts in sync as zoom is changed, why wouldn't you just use facetChart.zoomChanged() and then call facetChart.zoomTo() on the other charts? Are we missing something?

Comment

Working...
        X