Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Hi,

We are *not* in active development any more and this ("printStackTrace" calls...) was the last issue before our release.

Just want to confirm that for this change we have only upgraded to latest from "isomorphic_core_rpc.jar" from the March 10 build. Rest all of our smartclient files (client and server) are at Feb 15 build. I hope there are no issue with this. We do not want to have to re-test all our portal pages which will sigificantly delay our release.

Thanks,
    Vikas

Comment

Running mismatched client and server versions is not technically a supported configuration, as some fixes require changes to both client and server side. However, we don't know of anything that would go wrong in this particular scenario.

Comment

Ok. We will stick with Feb 15 version for all rest of the files then.

Just for a quick check I did a quick replace of client side components, including all smartclient ISC* JS files. Started seeing these errors in one of our reports. (Ignore "v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro" at the end, we append it in the code to automatically have the browser take in latest JS files in case of version change. In my quick test, I deleted all browser cache manually so latest JS files are picked up from the server.)

Uncaught TypeError: isc.isA.DataSource is not a functionisc_ClassFactory__defineClass @ ISC_Core.js?v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro:162isc_ClassFactory__defineNonRootClass @ ISC_Core.js?v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro:158isc_ClassFactory_defineClass @ ISC_Core.js?v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro:157(anonymous function) @ ISC_Core.js?v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro:1299
        ISC_Foundation.js?v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro:47 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getPrototype' of undefined(anonymous function) @ ISC_Foundation.js?v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro:47
        ISC_Containers.js?v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro:35 Uncaught TypeError: isc.ImgTab.getPrototype is not a function(anonymous function) @ ISC_Containers.js?v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro:35
        ISC_Grids.js?v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro:293 Uncaught TypeError: isc.DetailViewer.getPrototype is not a function(anonymous function) @ ISC_Grids.js?v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro:293
        ISC_Forms.js?v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro:35 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'Class' of undefined(anonymous function) @ ISC_Forms.js?v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro:35
        ISC_Calendar.js?v=100p_2016-02-15_Pro:35 Uncaught TypeError: isc.CalendarView.getPrototype is not a function

As soon as I replace back the older smartclient version from Feb 15 build, everything works fine with no JS errors.

Comment

That's pretty clearly a broken installation - mixed versions of .js files or similar. There's too little information to say more.

Comment

We use both Smartclient and Smartgwt, albeit separate versions. Therefore we maintain separate dependent JS files from Smartgwt based pages that we have.

You were right on there. The errors I see above are in a smartgwt based page which uses a version of Smartgwtpro 5.1 (downloaded on Feb 22) to compile - and then refers to version of smartclient JS files (maintained separately). This page of ours should be referring to smartgwt version of the JS files.

We will have to rectify this situation overtime, but a question in general we will really appreciate your response to following questions-

1. Would you recommend us fixing this mix up for this one page urgently now, even though it seems to be working fine .i.e. this page should use the version of JS files compatible with Smartgwt version we downloaded on feb 22? right now it is using Feb 22 smartgwt with ISC* files from Feb 15 Smartclient build.

2. For future - if we maintain one common version of JS files (for both smartclient and smartgwt based pages), would we then have to upgrade smartgwt every time we upgrade smartclient version?

At this moment,we are trying to minimize impacts to our release when everything has been tested already. The only issue we would like to fix is the extra logging as a result of "printStackTrace" calls as there is no workaround for that.
            Last edited by vvab; 21 Mar 2016, 13:11.

Comment

1. we can't really give an official recommendation here. As we've said, if you don't update the client libraries, you're technically in an unsupported configuration, although we don't know of specific issues that will definitely arise. But your organization hasn't purchase support anyway, so it seems like you aren't too risk averse!

2. right, you will always need to use the version of the SmartClient libraries that came with your SmartGWT build. So we'd recommend giving yourself the option to either use the same version as you're using for SmartClient, or a different version. Much of the time, they can be the same, but if a fix is needed and you're worried about disrupting other deployments, it's handy if they can differ

Comment

Working...
              X