Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How can I deploy my war file on Smart Client server?

I have SmartClient_v100p_2015-06-03_Enterprise. I also have .war file for my App. How can I deploy my war file on Smart Client server? Couldn't fined the answer in the mannual. thanks

.war files are a standard Java format that can be deployed to any Java application server, hence there would be no SmartClient-specific instructions for deploying a .war - it's a general thing you do with the Java platform, whether you are using SmartClient or not.

Note also that the SmartClient Server consists of .jar files that are included in your .war. It's not a "server" on which you would deploy a .war.

If you have more questions on Java basics like this, we would recommend that you make use of our commercial services, especially Training.

Comment

I thought since SC uses embedded Tomcat, I can drop war file into certain folder (i think it's "webapps") and the server will automatically deploy the content of war file in the folder under similar name (myfile for myfile.war). Please confirm that this is not the case for SC

Comment

Our use of embedded Tomcat means you can run a simple servlet engine right from the SDK using the provided scripts, without needing any external software (see the QuickStart Guide).

If you have your own application server / servlet engine, you deploy our software like any other set of Java .jars bundled into a .war, and you should not include the .jars for embedded Tomcat (because you already have a servlet engine and don't need embedded Tomcat).

Comment

Our app is already successfully deployed on Eclipse/Jetty as well as on WASCE on UNIX PROD/UAT/DEV. The only reason i want it to run on [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]SmartClient Server is to see SERVER SIDE log in Dev Console, i.e. on BROWSER SIDE, avoiding go to UNIX log files - that would give as great convenience. If "Tomcat style" app deployment is not an option for SC, is there any other way to see server log from browser? thx[/FONT]

Comment

Let me repeat the prev post as it was distorted:
            Our app is already successfully deployed on Eclipse/Jetty as well as on WASCE on
            UNIX PROD/UAT/DEV. The only reason i want it to run on SmartClient Server is to see SERVER SIDE log in Dev Console,
            i.e. on BROWSER SIDE, avoiding go to UNIX log files - that would give as great convenience.
            If "Tomcat style" app deployment is not an option for SC, is there any other way to see server log from browser? thx

Comment

See Tools Deployment in the SmartClient Reference for how to set this up. Server log access from the Developer Console can be used with any server. Tomcat/Embedded Tomcat is a totally unrelated concept.

Next time state your actual goal first instead of starting with some random detail you are dealing with (after misunderstanding something and taking several steps in the wrong direction).

Comment

Thanks. Why i stuck with this SC server is that when on dev console you try to see server logs, it says "Smart Client Server is required". Now will look into other option you suggested

Comment

That message is correct. However, the Smart Client Server consists of a set of .jar files. It has nothing to do with Embedded Tomcat, and works on any servlet engine.

Comment

Working...
                  X