Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Indian Currency Format

Hi Isomorhic ,

Can you please provide code for indian currency format..or is there any isomorphic attributes by default for non us currency

example:
    in US :123,456,778,

IN:12,34,56,778

How Can i get the above format?

Please Reply Asap.

Thanks in advance,
    Rajasekhar

Hi,

i am also interested in number formatting for indian currency with pattern #,##,##0.00. Is it possible to achieve such a number format ? Also can i have it to not be based on the locale ?

I was testing here http://gwt.googleusercontent.com/sam...CwNumberFormat

Thanks

Comment

4.1 has a new feature DataSourceField.format that allows format strings to be specified similar to Java's DecimalFormat.

In prior versions, there is also GWT's DecimalFormat class, which can be called inside any formatter API (such as a CellFormatter).

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
        4.1 has a new feature DataSourceField.format that allows format strings to be specified similar to Java's DecimalFormat.

In prior versions, there is also GWT's DecimalFormat class, which can be called inside any formatter API (such as a CellFormatter).
        We are using lower then 4.1 version. In prior versions i could not find GWT's DecimalFormat class you mentioned (can you be more specific where i can find it).

We definately need support for indian number formatting like #,##,##0.00 (so there are 2 grouping size). Current GWT's NumberFormat class has only one grouping size. How can we achieve such a format ?

Comment

DecimalFormat is a Java class; it is not part of GWT. GWT has the NumberFormat utility class instead; the documentation for that class suggests that digit grouping other than thousands is possible, but we have not tried this. If NumberFormat cannot do it, and you are unable to upgrade to 4.1, you would have to write a custom formatter to do it by hand.

The 4.1 declarative formatting feature we mentioned earlier only supports thousands-grouping right now, but we will enhance it to allow more flexibility in digit grouping in the near future

Comment

Working...
          X