Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid.filterOnKeypress:true and search operators isNull/notNull

SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2016-05-22/EVAL Development Only (expires 2016.07.21_04.37.11) Licensed to: Isomorphic Software (#ISC_EVAL_NIGHTLY)

Chrome on OSX

Please modify the #inlineOperatorFilter sample like this:

Code:
    isc.ListGrid.create({
        ID: "countryList",
        width:500, height:300, alternateRecordStyles:true,
        dataSource: worldDS, 
        canEdit:true, filterOnKeypress:true,
        fields:[
            {name:"countryCode", width:50},
            {name:"countryName"},
            {name:"capital"},
            {name:"continent"},
            {name:"area"},
            {name:"population"}
        ],
        autoFetchData: true,
        showFilterEditor: true,
        initialCriteria: { _constructor: "AdvancedCriteria", operator: "and",
            criteria: [
                { fieldName: "countryName", operator: "iNotContains", value: "i" },
                { fieldName: "capital", operator: "iNotStartsWith", value: "p" }
            ]
        }
    });
    I've just added canEdit:true and filterOnKeypress:true, so you may set to null some value for testing.

Then if you try filtering by 'is null' or 'is not null', you'll notice that the filter isn't automatically triggered: you have to click the filter button.
    While it's true that you aren't pressing any keys, I think that for those operators the filter must be performed right after the operator selection (when filterOnKeypress:true).
    What do you think?

This has been fixed for builds dated May 27 and later.

Comment

SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2016-05-27/EVAL Development Only (expires 2016.07.26_09.52.03) Licensed to: Isomorphic Software (#ISC_EVAL_NIGHTLY)

Thanks, I can confirm it's fixed, when you filter for 'is null' or 'is not null'.
      But I wonder if it must automatically trigger the filtering when you *remove* a isNull/notNull filter. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by claudiobosticco View Post
        But I wonder if it must automatically trigger the filtering when you *remove* a isNull/notNull filter. What do you think?
        Bumping this thread, because a user has just reported this as a bug, and I must say that me too find it a bit disconcerting. What do you think?

Comment

We've made a couple of changes for builds dated October 9 and later - when you change from an op that doesn't have a value, like is/not[Blank/Null], to other operators, a filter is executed - also, when you right click the filter icon and Clear Filter, criteria using ops that don't require a value are now cleared, along with criteria using ops that do.

Comment

SmartClient Version: v11.1p_2017-10-09/Enterprise Development Only (built 2017-10-09)

Chrome OSX

Hello, I've just tried it, but it doesn't seem to work, using the test case from post #1:
            1. change the filter in the 'capital' field to 'is blank': this results in no items to show
            2. then change the filter in the 'capital' field to 'contains': this doesn't trigger a fetch, the grid remains empty

instead the 'clear filter' works correctly.

Comment

We see the issue - the only op that *doesn't* work in the scenario you describe is the default operator for the field in question - so, in this case, "contains" doesn't work, but all of the others do.

We'll add a fix, but it will be a few days until we get to it.

Comment

This has been fixed for builds dated October 18 and later.

Comment

Working...
                X