Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Originally posted by Isomorphic
    If you're not running the latest nightly (eg maybe you are working with 7.0), you need to be running the latest nightly.
    I'm sorry, I couldn't find the latest nightly.
    Where can I get it?

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by elopio
      I'm sorry, I couldn't find the latest nightly.
      Where can I get it?

thanks.

You can get the nightly builds from http://www.smartclient.com/builds/

Comment

thanks devonkoh.

Comment

setID doesn't take effect

I tried using setId but it still generates random id's. I am running nightly build. Any ideas what am i missing.

Comment

Well we've gone back and setIds on all of our widgets and windows but we've encountered a problem with context menus (in smartGwt)

We are creating context menus dynamically based on the datasource associated with the window.

Code:
            Menu menu = new Menu();
            menu.setID(listGrid.getID()+"ContextMenu");
            It seems that when we create the Menu and call setContextMenu the Menu is created but somehow attached to the root canvas (as can be seen in the developer console). But if we delete the Window and the hence the associated ListGrid, the attached ContextMenu seems to be still hanging around (again as can be seen in the Developer Console). If we then try to reopen the window and dynamically create a new menu (with the same Id as before - as its being created off the same window) it fails during the setId as there is a menu with that Id already created.

We found a work around doing this ...
            Code:
            listGrid.setContextMenu(menu);
            listGrid.addChild(menu);
            menu.setVisible(false);
            But it seems like it might be a bit of a hack, is there a way to get access to these context menus ? How come they are not associated with ListGrid object ?

Thanks for the help in advance ...

Comment

Sorry!

Originally posted by karl_garcia
              ttubbs, the pioneering spirit.. how did it go? :)
              I really hate that every time I post here it turns off email notifications!!!!

Anyway, I updated and am getting the same problems. I only get to play with automated testing between official assignments, so it's a slow process for me. I can't send in the app I have, and stripping it down to a test app is not something I've had the time to get done so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic
                If you're not running the latest nightly (eg maybe you are working with 7.0), you need to be running the latest nightly.

If you are running the latest nightly, we need a runnable test case.
                FYI:

I updated to 5/18 build, in prep to work on this some today. The problems I was having have gone away. I had previously tried the 4/13 and 4/22 builds, both had the same problems.

Comment

Originally posted by ttubbs
                  I really hate that every time I post here it turns off email notifications!!!!
                  Ack. We actually enabled automatic email notifications for all forum users by default, but this bug was preventing that from being visible.

This should be fixed as of now.

Comment

Hello, I'd like to know if there are news regarding test automation with Smart Client (not GWT) and Selenium. Any news from 2010?

Comment

What kind of "news" are you looking for? This is a 5 year old thread where people are claiming issues with an ancient version of the product, but without a test case. It's likely that if there was an actual bug, it's long since been fixed.

Start by reading the Automated Testing and Selenium overviews in the docs. If you believe you've found a bug, create a new thread for it, and make sure to include all of the necessary details to allow the problem to be reproduced - see the Debugging overview for assistance with this.

Comment

Working...
                      X