Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Menu and Container Question

Hi,

We are using SmartClient 10.0.12.27.14 and our UI design calls for a dropdown menu to stay within the confines of its outer container which in our case is a Section Stack.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-23_13-02-54.png
Views:	31
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	238788

Thanks,

-Sin

See menuButton.menuAlign.

Comment

That absolutely worked! Thank you for the help!

Now, I do have a follow-up question. How did you know about this attribute? When I search for it in the documentation I don't see it.

Here's what I see it....

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-06-24_8-27-31.png
Views:	32
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	238812

Am I just not looking/searching for things correctly? Sorry I'm fairly new to SmartClient. Teach me how to fish, please. :-)

Thanks,

-Sin

Attached Files

Comment

I'm curious, is there a way to clip the menu so that it remains inside it's parent container? In our proof of concept above we are using a Section Stack.

Thanks,

-Sin

Comment

MenuButton.menuAlign was introduced in 10.1 and you are searching 10.0 docs. But you appear to be using 10.1 or later, which is good, because we don't know of a reason why you would still use 5.0.

No, we don't have any mode of menu which would clip it inside it's container - we've never seen any UI that did that and it is hard to imagine it ever being useful.

Comment

Thank you so much for your responses. You've set us on a good path . Much appreciated!

Thanks,

-Sin

Comment

Working...
            X