Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Two questions about Oracle stored procedure.

1.How could I get the return value from a Oracle Stored Procedure with output parameter via operationId? Datasource Code: Call ABC(1); Procedure Code: create or replace procedure ABC (aa out int) as begin aa:=2; end; JSP Code: isc.DataSource.get("Student").fetchData({},'',{operationId:'new'}) Imformation in Console: output parameter not a bind variable parameter for a function or a procedure so I tried that: Datasource Code: Call ABC(MyPackage.aaa); Package Code: create or replace package MyPackage IS aaa int; End MyPackage; create or replace Package Body MyPackage AS End MyPackage; Imformation in console: ‘AAA’ is not a procedure or is undefined Then How to transfer output variables to the stored procedure ‘ABC’? 2.How could I call an Oracle Stored Procedure without output parameter? Datasource Code: Call ABC(); Procedure Code: create or replace procedure ABC as a int; begin a:=1; end; JSP Code: isc.DataSource.get("Student").fetchData({},'',{operationId:'new'}) Imformation in Console: Unable to execute extracting on PLSQL statement

Hi merlini,

please have a look at this thread, perhaps it does help you.
    Also, your post is really hard to read with no formatting at all.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

This thread contains ideas (no POC) for OUT-parameter handling.

Comment

Originally posted by Blama View Post
        This thread contains ideas (no POC) for OUT-parameter handling.
        Thx for ur replying my questions Blama and now I have posted a same topic with formatting here: http://forums.smartclient.com/forum/...ored-procedure

But then, to be honest,I have searched and read these two topics before I post this topic.I have tried ‘SELECT ABC() FROM DUAL ‘ (procedure ABC don’t have any output/input parameters) as ur suggestion and then the console prints the imformation :”invalid identifier ABC”

Comment

Hi,

this will only work if ABC is a function, not a procedure. That code should also fail from SQL Developer.
          I changed my program design so I don't need to call stored procedures / functions anymore from SmartGWT, but in a nutshell I think these are the options:
          1. SP with no out value: Use CALL sp / EXEC sp and correct sqlType-attribute for the custom-operationBinding
          2. SP with one out value: Use wrapper function that calls the prodecure, then SELECT func() from DUAL.
          3. SP with more than one out value: Use wrapper table function that calls the prodecure, then <tableClause>tablefunction</tableClause> (did not try that)
          Trying the different options is easy, just change the .ds.xml, no recompile needed.

Besides that, you can also use a DMI, discard the normal operation and call the SP yourself via JDBC (did not try that).

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Originally posted by Blama View Post
            Hi,

this will only work if ABC is a function, not a procedure. That code should also fail from SQL Developer.
            I changed my program design so I don't need to call stored procedures / functions anymore from SmartGWT, but in a nutshell I think these are the options:
            1. SP with no out value: Use CALL sp / EXEC sp and correct sqlType-attribute for the custom-operationBinding
            2. SP with one out value: Use wrapper function that calls the prodecure, then SELECT func() from DUAL.
            3. SP with more than one out value: Use wrapper table function that calls the prodecure, then <tableClause>tablefunction</tableClause> (did not try that)

Trying the different options is easy, just change the .ds.xml, no recompile needed.

Besides that, you can also use a DMI, discard the normal operation and call the SP yourself via JDBC (did not try that).

Best regards
            Blama
            It works.Thx a lot!
            I get the resultset through creating a pipelined function ABC and then call it via 'Select * From Table(ABC)'

Comment

Working...
            X