Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Making accesible grid filter

Hi,

I would need to make accesible grid filter so that a screen reader can understand the purpose of the text box. For example, in this grid [1] I would need to add a label tag to each of the filter text boxes, ie. "Filter by Code" for the 1st column. This label shouldn't have any visual representation.

Is this feasible?

Thanks

--
    [1] http://www.smartclient.com/#filter

Have you tried moving focus into these fields under a screenReader? If so, which one(s) and what was the problem.

Note that, as with FormItems in general, if the formItem.title is not visible, it is exposed to the screen reader via the aria:label attribute. So if you don't like our default reading, you can already adjust it via using filterEditorProperties on the field to modify the title.

Comment

Hi, I don't see any aria label attribute in the generated HTML...

Could you give me a code example on how you'r adjust it using filterEditorProperties?

Comment

Ensure screen reader mode is enabled (see the Accessibility overview).

Set "title" just like any other property in filterEditorProperties. If you're unfamiliar with using properties in general, you are probably borrowing Martin's account - please ask him.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the tip, I was missing isc.setScreenReaderMode() , now everything works out-of-the-box.

Comment

Working...
          X