Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

No groupingModes detected when setting getGroupValue on ListGridField

Hi,
    When I set groupingmodes/methods on ListGridField level the groupingmodes are not detected. I think this is caused by this line of code in the ListGrid.js:
    var groupingModes = ( !field.getGroupValue ?
    field.groupingModes ?
    field.groupingModes :
    ( field._simpleType ?
    (field._simpleType.getGroupingModes) ?
    field._simpleType.getGroupingModes() :
    field._simpleType.groupingModes
    : false )
    : false );

if getGroupValue is defined on field level (which is allowed according to the docs) then no groupingmodes are detected.

I think this issue exists in the most recent 8.3 build of Smartclient also (looking at the source code), but I tested with a version of a few months back.

gr. Martin
    Last edited by martintaal; 3 Sep 2012, 21:09.

Although it might make sense as an enhancement, there don't seem to be docs suggesting that you can implement ListGridField.getGroupingModes().

Comment

Hi,
      In the version I have the documentation discusses groupingmodes on ListGridField. See the attached screenshot.

gr. Martin
      Attached Files

Comment

Right, groupingModes, not getGroupingModes. And in the code snippet above, you can see that listGridField.groupingModes is indeed checked.

Comment

Maybe I read it wrong but if I check this code snippet then when a field has a getGroupValue then the groupingmodes property is not checked. This is also what my debugging showed to me.

Btw, I did not mention getGroupingModes in my post(s) I only talked about groupingModes, so not sure what initiated your initial remark about getGroupingModes. Let me know if I missed something.

gr. Martin

Comment

Ah, we did misread you initially, we read getGroupValue() as getGroupingModes().

Yes, it seems like getGroupValue() would *have* to be implemented if you wanted to use listGridField.groupingModes to declare multiple custom grouping modes (rather than just hide certain built-in modes), so getGroupValue() being present should not cause listGridField.groupingModes to be ignored.

We'll create a sample of doing this and, in the process, fix this or other bugs as needed.

Comment

This should be fixed for tomorrow's nightly, and there's also a new sample under Grids -> Grouping and Summaries showing usage.

Comment

Working...
              X