Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartClient version 8.2 : Search of the dropdown search List is not working properly.

We are using Drop down search List to populate List data . Lets say in the List we have values{PartnerTest1 , PartnerTest2},
    Case1: (Attachment : refer filtercase_1.jpg)
    When I search with "Part".. I get correct Result.
    Case2: (Attachment : refer filtercase_2.jpg)
    But when I type "Test"..It says "No items to show".
    Case3 : (Attachment : refer filtercase_3.jpg)
    Here strange strange thing is that when i directly paste the word "test" , it gives the result.

This behavior used to work in 6.5 version.
    Note: Attachment reference is with different examples.
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hi satya_paul,

I'd have a look in the Developer Console what requests are issued for the different search phrases.
    Then regarding your "EE" search: Perhaps you set yourComboBoxItem.setMinimumSearchLength(3)?

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Hi Blama,

Checked of this setting. There is no code regarding setting of the search field length.
      If that would be the case then , case 3 would have not been worked.

Thanks,
      Aditi

Comment

Why are you moving from 6.5 to 8.2? 8.2 is end-of-lifed, and does not and will never support current browsers. You should be moving to the current version (11.0).

Once you have tested your application code against a version that is still supported, if you still have an issue, see the FAQ for the details you need to report.

Comment

The same problem is there on v10.0.., Can you please provide fix on 10.0 .
          Thanks

Comment

Once again:

Once you have tested your application code against a version that is still supported, if you still have an issue, see the FAQ for the details you need to report.

Comment

Can you please confirm, whether mention scenario is handled in v 11.0 ?
              If that is the case then only we will upgrade it to latest version since it a huge change and impact whole UI.

Comment

The above scenario can be implemented in any version of SmartClient, including 11.0. We don't know why it's not working, because you have shared none of the details of your implementation.

However, if you are going to update to a new version, then it makes no sense to update to 8.2 now, since 8.2 is already obsolete. That is why you should update to 11.0.

Comment

Working...
                X