Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

error in chrome console of developer console window

SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2016-10-05/Enterprise Deployment (built 2016-10-05)

Chrome on OSX El Capitan

Hello, while using the RPC tab, with latest 11.0 build there is this error in the chrome console of the developer console window, there is this error:

Code:
    *16:35:14.654:TMR5:WARN:Log:ReferenceError: targetsDisplayW is not defined
    Stack from error.stack:
        setValue(<no args: exited>) on [TargetsDisplayEventHandler ID:targetsDisplayEventHandler] @ ISC_DeveloperConsole.js:103:764
        call(<no args: exited>) on [DebugMaster ID:undefined] @ ISC_Core.js:1952:114
        handlePacket(<no args: exited>) on [DebugMaster ID:undefined] @ ISC_Core.js:1942:208
        packetReceived(<no args: exited>) on [MessagingDMISocket ID:isc_MessagingDMISocket_1] @ ISC_Core.js:1944:164
        receive(<no args: exited>) on [MessagingDMISocket ID:isc_MessagingDMISocket_1] @ ISC_Core.js:1932:80
        [c]Class.fireCallback(_1=>Obj, _2=>null, _3=>null, _4=>null, _5=>true) on [Class Timer] @ ISC_Core.js:306:104
        Timer._fireTimeout(_1=>"$ir41", _2=>57, _3=>undef) on [Class Timer] @ ISC_Core.js:1436:166
        <anonymous>() @ ISC_Core.js:1433:40

Uncaught ReferenceError: targetsDisplayW is not defined

Hi,

we have been trying to reproduce the error using the latest build, to no avail.
    We are using Chrome 54.0.2840.41 beta (64-bit) on OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan)

What we have done so far to try to get to this error is:
    1. Open Chrome and navigate to any showcase example in a local environment (i.e. http://localhost:56011/showcase/?id=enterNewRows )
    2. From there, open the SmartClient developer console (using the bookmark method)
    3. With mouse over the SC developer console, right click and select "Inspect" to open the chrome's javascript console, and select the console view
    4. We move the cursor back into the SC developer console and try to reproduce the error by using the console: checking/unchecking every possible checkbox in the Results and Watch tab, selecting DOM elements both in the tree and in the main window, selecting the RPC tab again...but we could not see the message in the javascript console.

Could you please provide more information on how we could reproduce the message that you saw?

Thanks

Comment

Hello, my Chrome version is 53.0.2785.143 (64-bit), on OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan)

Sorry but at first I didn't realize what was actually triggering the error.

I could reproduce it like this:
      - go to http://www.smartclient.com/smartclie...tchOperationFS
      - open SmartClient dev console using the bookmark method (javascript:isc.showConsole())
      - open the chrome console with Cmd-Alt-J
      - simply mouse over some SmartClient widget on the 'opener' window (ie http://www.smartclient.com/smartclie..._Explorer.html), and the error appears on the chrome console of the developer console window.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed explanation, we could reproduce the problem and now it has been solved.
        The next available build, dated October 11th, will contain the fix.

Comment

I can confirm it's fixed, thank you very much.

But, with build SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v11.1d_2016-10-16/Enterprise Development Only (built 2016-10-16)
          I've got some errors (only in my application, not in the showcase):
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2016-10-17 11:14:18.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	240810

they are there simply after opening the dev console and the chrome console. Any idea of what's going on?

Comment

I must also specify that with SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2016-10-16/Enterprise Deployment (built 2016-10-16)
            those syntax errors are not present, in my application:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2016-10-17 11:48:59.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	240812

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

is it possible that your change made the Developer Console open in a new tab in Chromium (53.0.2785.143) now?
              I'm opening it via javascript:isc.showConsole() Bookmark.
              It happens in the SmartGWT and SmartClient online showcases as well as in my 5.1p-application.
              It does still open in a new window in FF26.

This happens since about the time you made the change here one week ago.

Thank you & Best regards
              Blama

Comment

We'll correct the warning about the LinkItem. The other 403/404 errors are related to the Developer Console trying to determine whether to turn on various capabilities which should only be available to an administrator. See the Tools Deployment overview for details.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                  We'll correct the warning about the LinkItem. The other 403/404 errors are related to the Developer Console trying to determine whether to turn on various capabilities which should only be available to an administrator. See the Tools Deployment overview for details.
                  please note the attachment in post #5: there is a Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

Comment

The warning about the LinkItem is now fixed and will be available since the nightly build dated October 20th, both in 11.0p and 11.1d versions.

Regarding the "Unexpected token <" issue, we have not been able to reproduce the problem in our development environments, could it be something related to your specific application?

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                      Regarding the "Unexpected token <" issue, we have not been able to reproduce the problem in our development environments, could it be something related to your specific application?
                      Yes, it could. But for now I can't say what is the root cause.
                      I've only 'discovered' that it shows only when opening the developer console after a refresh, ie it doesn't show after a refresh with the console already opened.
                      Maybe an extra char in a dataSource xml file? Is it available a tool similar to the JSSyntaxScanner for xml files?

Comment

Hi claudiobosticco,

Eclipse (and I'm sure other IDEs as well) can validate XML files - all can validate syntax. For content validation you need to have a XML Schema. I created one for my .ds.xmls here.
                        Also see strict mode.

@Isomorphic: Could you have a look at my report in #7 as well. I think it went unnoticed.

Thank you & Best regards
                        Blama

Comment

• Isomorphic
                          Isomorphic commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hi Blama,

we have tried to reproduce the problem reported in #7 in Chromium 53.0.2785.143 running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bits to no avail, both in 11.0p and 11.1d, it always opens in a separate window.

Originally posted by claudiobosticco View Post

Yes, it could. But for now I can't say what is the root cause.
                        I've only 'discovered' that it shows only when opening the developer console after a refresh, ie it doesn't show after a refresh with the console already opened.
                        Maybe an extra char in a dataSource xml file? Is it available a tool similar to the JSSyntaxScanner for xml files?

As Blama pointed out, most IDE include XML editors that will validate the syntax. But this kind of error is most likely to be caused in the javascript, for instance if you removed by mistake a comma in a json declaration.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

can only you comment posts or can I do the same?
                          I'm using the same version (53.0.2785.143) on Win 10. I don't know if this makes a difference and will also try with my home laptop using Win 8 and report back then.

Best regards
                          Blama

Comment

• Isomorphic
                            Isomorphic commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think this possibility of commenting is only for administrators, if you do not see the 'Comment' icon to the right of the 'Quote' icon below, then you cannot.

And yes, please, let us know if you can only reproduce it on Win 10.

Hi Isomorphic,

this does not happen anymore using Chromium 54 and also did not happen on my home PC. Must have been some browser settings then most likely.

Thank you & Best regards
                          Blama

Comment

Working...
                          X