Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Bug report: Visual builder inserts bad tags in datasource.ds.xml file

SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2016-11-25/Pro Development Only (built 2016-11-25)
    Google chrome Version 55.0.2883.75 (64-bit)
    Centos 7
    smarclientSDK builtin tomcat.

When generating a datasource from an existing MySQL table visualbuilder sometimes inserts 2 empty tags that cause trouble when binding to a grid.
    <dataURL></dataURL>
    <recordXPath></recordXPath>

When these tags are present SC reports "No items to show" when the ds is bound to a grid in visual builder.

How to reproduce:

1. Bind to an existing SQL database using admin console or editing server.properties
    2. restart server SDK: ./start_embedded_server.sh
    3. reload visual builder in chrome by pushing shift+F5
    4. Use the wizard to generate a datasource from an existing table. This datasource is OK. the last few lines are:

</fields>
    <sequenceMode>jdbcDriver</sequenceMode>
    </DataSource>

5. Use the wizard to generate a second datasource from an existing table. This datasource has the extra tags at the end.

</fields>
    <sequenceMode>jdbcDriver</sequenceMode>
    <dataURL></dataURL>
    <recordXPath></recordXPath>
    </DataSource>

6. The first datasource shows proper data when bound to a listgrid. The second gives: "No items to show" .

If I refresh the browser cache by hitting shift+F5 just prior to generating a datasource I usually get a working xml file. The other workaround is to remove the tags by hand after the ds is created.

Thought I'd share this since it caused a lot of frustration and wasted time here.

RP

We have fixed this problem, you'll find it fixed on builds dating from January 14th

Regards,
    Isomorphic

Comment

Working...
    X