Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

CheckboxGroupItem..............................................................

I'm familiar with RadioGroupItem, and I came across this topic http://forums.smartclient.com/forum/...oxgroup-widget
    However, I'm still not finding an elegant way of creating a CheckboxGroupItem.

Can you please show me the best way to achieve this?

Please stop posting this identical question. See the FAQ: you are missing all of the required information when posting, and more significantly, having said anything about what you consider to be wrong with the approach you are already aware of!

Comment

this is just childish of you, what kind of company intentionally ignores their paying customers because they didn't include the completely asinine meta data

- what UI interaction you are trying to achieve, from the end user's perspective.
      a radioGroupItem that uses checkboxes instead of radio buttons (already obvious from my post)

- what you expected to happen
      I expected to find a control called checkboxGroupItem or have a property on radioGroupItem that allows selection to not be mutually exclusive. (completely useless information)

- browser(s) and platform(s) where you see the problem
      Google Chrome Version 56.0.2924.87 (completely useless information)

- contents of the SmartClient Developer Console "Log messages" area, with appropriate log
      categories set to DEBUG or INFO level
      N/A

- stack traces from either IE (in the Developer Console) or Firebug (in the Firebug console) for any JavaScript errors that have occurred.
      N/A

- sample code and sample data (tip:enclosing code snippets in [ code] ...[/ code] tags will format them as code, making your report much more readable)
      N/A

- SmartClient version (available on lower left of Developer Console)
      SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2017-02-16/Pro Development Only (built 2017-02-16)

ARE YOU HAPPY? Can you please answer my question now.

Comment

The purpose of posting your product and version is so that we know what features you have available, which affects what we would recommend as an approach.

If you can't be bothered to follow such a simple and obviously useful rule, please don't expect further responses from support, since you aren't paying for support.

Note that calling very busy people "childish" and "asinine" isn't doing yourself any favors either.

As to your question, we still don't see why you would be asking. Obviously there's CheckboxItem, and you could use a ChangeHandler to uncheck other boxes. So what more do you need?

If this is a recurring pattern in your app and you're worried about repeating such code, you could wrap it up as a reusable CanvasItem. Although, we should point out, a SelectItem is usually better for a mutually exclusive selection (more compact, clearer what the UI does).

Comment

Okay, so there is not a single FormItem that takes a valueMap and displays the options as checkboxes.
          For the record, that would be a neat thing to consider adding in the future.

Thanks

Comment

SelectItem with multiple:true will render checkboxes per valueMap item in a drop down. But no, right now we don't have a control that just draws a lot of checkboxes inline, but it would be pretty easy to implement and encapsulate as a CanvasItem. See this sample and others in the same folder.

For future reference, your question was not understood in part because you talked about how to do something elegantly. We can't address that question unless we know what you understand as the best approach and what you consider inelegant about it.

If you meant instead to ask "is there a built in control that does exactly this" ask that exact question instead.

Comment

Working...
            X