Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

date time portion

Set your computer timezone to (UTC+05:30) Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi. Run the following testcase and select "Today". Notice that the time portion shows 01:00:00.

If your computer timezone is set to UTC -05:00, the time portion shows differently. How do I get the control to show the same time regardless of what timezone it is at? I want to just show 00:00

Code:
    <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Filter editor Issue</TITLE>

</HEAD>

<body class="pageBackground" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" scroll="no" style="overflow:hidden">

<SCRIPT>var isomorphicDir = "isomorphic/"</SCRIPT>
        <SCRIPT>var isomorphicDir = "isomorphic/"</SCRIPT>
        <SCRIPT SRC=isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Core.js></SCRIPT>
        <SCRIPT SRC=isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Foundation.js></SCRIPT>
        <SCRIPT SRC=isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Containers.js></SCRIPT>
        <SCRIPT SRC=isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Grids.js></SCRIPT>
        <SCRIPT SRC=isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Forms.js></SCRIPT>
        <SCRIPT SRC=isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js></SCRIPT>
    	<SCRIPT SRC=isomorphic/skins/Enterprise/load_skin.js></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT>

isc.DynamicForm.create({
        ID: "dateForm",
        numCols: 4,    
        width: 600,
        fields: [
    {title:"<nobr>DateTime EndDate&nbsp;<\/nobr>",width:"*",
    colSpan:2,
    vAlign:"bottom",
    ID:"DateTime",
    name:"DateTime",
    useTextField:true,
    startDate:"01\/01\/1995 00:00",endDate:"01\/01\/2030 00:00",
    textAlign:"left",
    _constructor:"DateItem",
    init:function () { var dateItem = this; this.dateFormatter = function(){return this.toString()};
    this.Super("init", arguments);}}
        ]
    });

isc.Label.create({
            ID: "dateLabel",
            top: 40,
            left: 100,
            width: 400
    });

dateLabel.setContents(dateForm.getValue('pickListDate'));

</script>
    </BODY>
    </html>

We're not quite following this - in your example it appears that selecting a date from the date picker (or just "Today") shows the date as expected within the date text-field - for example: Mon Sep 24 2012 00:00:00 GMT-0700 (PDT) for the Pacific timezone.

For a general overview of date / datetime behavior, and handling wrt to different timezones - take a look at the documentation here: http://www.smartclient.com/docs/8.2/...rmatAndStorage

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Did you try the exact steps I said in the post? I could clearly reproduce when I have my timezone set to +05:30. I get the data:

Mon Sep 24 2012 01:00:00 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)

Please try with this. You responded with trying with PT.

Comment

You're correct - there appears to be an issue with the particular timezone (probably due to the fact there's a fractional hour offset from UTC).
        We're investigating and will let you know when we've got to the bottom of this.

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

We've made a change to fix this. The change will be present in the next nightly build (3.1d branch)

Regards
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

We are currently using 06-06-2012, is this issue relevant enough for a patch?

Comment

06-06-2012 8.2p to be clearer sorry

Comment

We will port the fix across to the 8.2p branch so it will show up on the next nightly there as well.

We always recommend upgrading to the latest, patched nightly build from the branch you're working with, rather than applying custom patches to an older build.
                However, if this is going to be an impossibility for you let us know and we'll look at getting you some patch code.

Comment

Thanks - verified fixed with build SmartClient Version: v8.2p_2012-09-25/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2012-09-25)

Comment

We are using the SmartClient Version: 8.1/Enterprise Deployment (built 2011-08-02) and having the same issue.

We don't have a option now to upgrade to the higher version.

Can you please provide the patch to solve the issue ?

Comment

Sorry, that is very very old and pre-dates several browsers that are now common. We stopped backporting fixes to that version years ago - you need to upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                      X