Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid Multiple Selection using Keyboard

SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2017-03-06/AllModules Development Only (built 2017-03-06)
    All browsers

How do we do select multiple rows (that are not beside each other) in a ListGrid using keyboard? I am able to hold SHIFT while pressing the arrow keys to multi-select a RANGE. However, I want to be able to select rows that are not directly connected in the data table... such as selecting row 1, row 3, row 7 using just the keyboard.

https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli...tchOperationFS
    Code:
    isc.ListGrid.create({
        ID:"dsListGrid",
        width: "100%",
        height: "100%",
        autoFitData: "horizontal",
        autoFetchData: true,
        dataSource: "supplyItem" ,
        selectionType:"multiple"
    });

We use the standard keyboard shortcut per platform - Ctrl on Windows, Command on MacOSX.

Comment

I can't select multiple with just Command on MacOSX. Please remember, mouse input cannot be used.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately Command-Space now brings up Spotlight, and other alternatives like Ctrl don't work since Ctrl-Up/Down brings up Mission Control. We don't know of any standard key combo for discontiguous selection on MacOSX; if this is a hard requirement for you, it's probably necessary to just choose some random inactive letter as the one that triggers selection and inform your MacOSX users about the special behavior. You could implement this in bodyKeyPress - listGrid.getFocusRow() tells you the row that has the rollover effect indicating keyboard focus while Command is held down.

Comment

Working...
        X