Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Tahoe positioning and font problem

Hi Isomorphic,

please see this sample screenshot (Win 8 / Chromium 56.0.2924.76 / no zoom / SNAPSHOT_v11.1d_2017-03-09):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Tahoe_positioning.png
Views:	65
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	243315

(Effective Font-Family used in Tahoe is "helvetica-neue-bold" for me according to Chrome Inspect)

There seems to be a positioning problem that is not there in Enterprise. Also some of the letters are too not high enough ("r", "x", "w").

Name:	Enterprise.png
Views:	75
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	243316
    (Effective Font-Family used in Enterprise is "Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;" for me according to Chrome Inspect)

I also see many mentions of "corbel" and "kalinga" and many different windows fonts in new shell_styles.css. Is it safe to assume that all these are available across Win / Mac / Linux?
    I'll replace the font in my application anyway with a google web font, but I don't know if this is good as default?

Best regards
    Blama

Also see this screenshot of the showcase skin chooser:

Views:	53
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	243318

The blurred blue top border is not visible due to some positioning issue. Also the vertical Alignment is not correct between FormItem title and selectedValue.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Same for DropDown content:

Views:	47
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	243320

Comment

Also for cursor positioning (if compared to Enterprise. The cursor is not centered to the text):

Views:	47
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	243322

All these are only important for me if the are font-independent.
        I really like the new skin and would like to base my modifications on it, once 6.1 gets released.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Originally posted by Blama View Post
          I'll replace the font in my application anyway with a google web font, but I don't know if this is good as default?
          same here: wouldn't it be feasible to have a isc.Canvas.changeFontFamily method similar to resizeFonts/resizeControls?

Also, wouldn't it be feasible to do something similar to change colors (unfortunately I'll have to change the blue color...)

Comment

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v11.1d_2017-03-09/Enterprise Development Only (built 2017-03-09)

Chrome on OSX

Tahoe positioning and font problem
            also for buttons:

Name:	426121366_5390556874057831475.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	243326
            Last edited by claudiobosticco; 9 Mar 2017, 07:44.

Comment

please see this sample screenshot (Win 8 / Chromium 56.0.2924.76 / no zoom / SNAPSHOT_v11.1d_2017-03-09):
              also the animations seems a bit broken...

Comment

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v11.1d_2017-03-09/Enterprise Development Only (built 2017-03-09)

Chrome on OSX

There's also a difference (in respect to Graphite skin) in the vertical alignment of text in gridHeaders when using headerSpans (text seems top-aligned):

Name:	429704939_11791517739889071553.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	243344

Comment

I've got a related question about the Tahoe skin: is it supported with a skin density setting less than 'spacious' ?

I'm asking because this are comboboxes with 'medium' setting:

Name:	426020004_1566702565258326329.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	243346

Comment

We're tracking these as well.

About changing the font-face on the fly, this you can do yourself by just iterating through stylesheets. There is an (unsupported) example implementation in Canvas.js (changeFontFace()) if you want starter code.

Comment

Originally posted by claudiobosticco View Post
                      I've got a related question about the Tahoe skin: is it supported with a skin density setting less than 'spacious' ?
                      and actually I'm testing it in my application with those settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                        We're tracking these as well.

About changing the font-face on the fly, this you can do yourself by just iterating through stylesheets. There is an (unsupported) example implementation in Canvas.js (changeFontFace()) if you want starter code.
                        thanks for the hint, I'm doing some tests and seems to work well.

What about the colors? Do you think it's feasible (though more involved)?

Comment

We've never tried changing colors via dynamic stylesheet updates, but we know of no reason that it wouldn't work.

Comment

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v11.1d_2017-03-13/AllModules Development Only (built 2017-03-13)

Chrome on OSX

Hello, please see also the #layoutSplitPane sample, there's a vertical misalignment of the 'In Stock' field title:

Name:	429721696_1677231424933256913.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	243458

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                              We've never tried changing colors via dynamic stylesheet updates, but we know of no reason that it wouldn't work.
                              Thanks, I'm experimenting it and actually seems to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X