Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid Editor not exited on click outside the row (modal editing SC/SGWT mismatch?)

Hi Isomorphic,

please add canEdit: true to the source of this sample (ISC_110_BRANCH_2017-04-06_1491488012_jenkins_node6).
    Afterwards you can start the editor, but clicking another row does not exit it. This also happens in this sample by default.

I'm pretty sure this is not the standard behavior from some days ago, at least it is not in SmartGWT.
    In my (SmartGWT) Application I use setCanEdit(true) without modifiers for editEvent or modalEditing a lot, and the editor is always exited after I click outside the row, like in this SmartGWT sample (top ListGrid) (v11.0p_2017-06-01).

Is there some mismatch for the default behavior of modal editing between SmartClient and SmartGWT?

Best regards
    Blama

Yes, modalEditing is true by default in SmartGWT but not in SmartClient. We just found that the users being drawn to SmartGWT seemed to have different expectations in this area, probably from experience with other GWT frameworks.

Comment

Ah, ok, so this is known and on purpose.

Thanks,
      Blama

Comment

Working...
      X