Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

setScreenReaderMode

Hello,

We are having an issue with our Listgrids when doubleclicking to edit by row. I finally tracked it down to this line in our code: isc.setScreenReaderMode(true);

The particulars:
    • This only happens in IE. I am using v11.0.9600.18666, but we've seen the same behavior in several versions on 11.
    • SmartClient 10.1 (I downloaded the nightly build Evaluation copy for my tests. 2017-06-01)
    • I was using the ListGrid rowEdit example for this: http://127.0.0.1:8080/isomorphic/sys...html#editByRow
    • I modified the Listgrid javascript (editRows.js) somewhat for this test:
    isc.setScreenReaderMode(true);

isc.ListGrid.create({
    ID: "countryList",
    width:250, height:224,
    alternateRecordStyles:true,
    autoFitFieldWidths: true,
    selectionAppearance:'checkbox',
    autoFitWidthApproach: "both",
    drawAheadRatio:2,
    modalEditing: true,
    dataSource: countryDS,
    // display a subset of fields from the datasource
    fields:[
    {name:"countryCode", title:"Flag", width:40, type:"image", imageURLPrefix:"flags/16/", imageURLSuffix:".png", canEdit:false},
    {name:"countryName"},
    {name:"continent"},
    {name:"member_g8"},
    {name:"population"},
    {name:"independence"}
    ],
    autoFetchData: true,
    canEdit: true,
    editEvent: "doubleClick"
    })

The test case:
    1. Scroll all the way to the right of the listgrid.
    2. Click (once or twice) on either the "Nationhood" or "Population" fields.
    The grid will scroll all the way to the left. If you double clicked, the wrong field will be open for edit.

The problem does NOT seem to occur in SmartClient 11 (tested on the smartclient.com website).
    Removing the setScreeReaderMode line fixes the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul Fincke
    Last edited by pfincke; 1 Jun 2017, 07:52.

Additional notes:

This same problem was reported back in September of 2015 here: http://forums.smartclient.com/forum/...grids-in-ie-11

A fix was supplied in November of 2015 (according to the posting). For "fun" I rolled back our version of SmartClient 10.1 to the nightly build from 2015-12-18. It does indeed fix the issue.

Paul Fincke

Comment

Thanks for the notification / follow up. Just a quick note to say this is currently under investigation. We'll follow up once we have it in hand

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

We've found and fixed the problem here. Please try the next nightly 10.1 build, dated June 9 or above

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
        X