Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Select item's menu is not properly sized on IE 11

In IE 11, one of my items is not getting properly sized. As this screenshot shows, the item's menu is illegible. It has only 2 items "Wash" and "Strip", both of which fit very well in Chrome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jul-17-2017 14-38-59.gif
Views:	31
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	245805

I have not figured out how to reproduce this in a showcase example. The closest I have is the same code I used here:

http://forums.smartclient.com/forum/...t-cell-in-ie11

but to be clear, I do not see the problem there. I can't figure out what's in my full software that's causing this. In my production code, I'm using "v11.1p_2017-07-09/LGPL Deployment" and the showcase is using "v11.1p_2017-07-09/AllModules Development Only", so I assume they're the same.

I've attached some log output from isc.showConsole, where I switched layout, sizing, and scrolling to debug level.

I can make this problem go away by setting
    field["pickListWidth"] = 75;
    however if I do this, then it does not appear like I'm benefiting from the "minimum value" description in the documentation because other fields with wider values than 75 get horizontal scrollbars.

Any ideas on how to debug this?

​Thank you.
    Attached Files

We're not sure what kind of widget that is - you said SelectItem but it doesn't look like a SelectItem until you click on it (and then it looks like a mis-styled one).

First thing to do is look at the CSS style applied when the item or its drop-down items look wrong. Most likely the style doesn't exist, which could be because you've configured the widget to use a custom style series but not defined all required styles.

Comment

Indeed, this was a css issue caused by this:

Code:
       body {
        line-height: 1.42857143;
       }
      elsewhere in my css, I had reset it to `initial`, but turns out IE11 doesn't support `initial`.

Comment

Working...
      X